Hey look! It's a Guild Jumbo... no wait it's a Takamine..it's a Guild....it's a...

OldGuitarPlayer

• Members

Good friend of mine, Sherry, has the Tak knock-off of a Guild F50R, and it not only looks great, but it sounds very good, too. Just got the frets replaced (first time since she bought it, in the mid-80s, probably) and it plays beautifully.

These are from the era back when Tak made their very best instruments...much higher quality than the modern models, excellent bang-for-your-buck, so well worth seeking out.

• Members

I bet it doesn't sound like a Guild though!
;)

Great, now I miss my old lawsuit Tak. It looked like a Martin but after a good setup once upon a time it played like a Taylor until I "Breedloved" it.
:(

At one time, I owned a real F50R and one day we compared the two, right after a fresh string change, by having her husband, my wife, my brother, his then-GF and a few others take a "blindfold" test...and, out of 6 tries, only one of our guinea pigs guessed correctly, w/o seeing them, which was which. and only 4 out of 6 tries.

Considering I gave a little over $2K for my F50R and she gave close to $650 for her Tak, I have to admit she got a VERY good bargain...wish I could con her out of it! :lol:

Archived