Umm.. OT a better lager...

kujozilla

• Members

Wild Blue

wild-blue.jpg

It's not a true lager or even a real beer, but with 8% by volume and a good taste it isn't a bad option.

Me and my buddy sat down had 2 glasses of Ciante and 2 of these and let me just say that we can kill hard alcohol but we were left buzzed to say the least, and both of us clock in at 6'2 and 200+ pounds. It is more like a hard blueberry soda (very hard by most "beer" standards.)

• Members

I have tried similar beverages but as with wine, any fruit based alcohol products give me an immediate migraine headache. I won't even pop the cork on a wine bottle anymore. I'm that sensitive to the stuff. Not so with the beers and ales.

For Pop's Day I went to the local Tilted Kilt with my family and absorbed 3 Guinness Stouts with my meal and took a forth on the patio while listening to an acoustic duo make some mighty fine noise. I did not pay attention to what was on the headstocks. Had a nice buzz going and no headache. My son was driving but I stopped at 4. My wife was drinking Stellas.

BTW, the Tilted Kilt makes a lousy pulled pork sammich. Not lean at all. I refused it and got their Fat Bastard Meatloaf sammich instead.

This site is stupid slow today.

• Members

Sam Adams Cherry Lager is also good....but not something a person would drink two of.

I've tried a few flavored beers, but I'm pretty traditional. Sticking with my Belgiums, German Lagers, Guinness, etc.

• Members

Sam Adams Cherry Lager is also good....but not something a person would drink two of.

I've tried a few flavored beers, but I'm pretty traditional. Sticking with my Belgiums, German Lagers, Guinness, etc.

I would get more of the Samuel Adams summer samplers if it wasn't for that cherry wheat crap in it. Blech!

• Members

I would get more of the Samuel Adams summer samplers if it wasn't for that
cherry wheat crap
in it. Blech!

Seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY disgusting. I don't know what impelled me to do it, but I bought a six of that cherry wheat crap several weeks ago. Completely turned me off any kind of fancypants fruity-enhanced beer for good. And wheat beer as well. {censored} that noise.

After that I was very briefly on a hunt for "The" beer. Something to stock. A "regular." Man, there's some nasty crap out there. JT pointed out that he'd never had a bad German beer. I find that I agree. So I have boring taste. Fuggit. Give me any German lager and most Mexicans. Got Corona in the refrigerator now. Very ordinary, but damn it goes down nice.

• Members
Seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY disgusting. I don't know what impelled me to do it, but I bought a six of that cherry wheat crap several weeks ago. Completely turned me off any kind of fancypants fruity-enhanced beer for good. And wheat beer as well. {censored} that noise.

After that I was very briefly on a hunt for "The" beer. Something to stock. A "regular." Man, there's some nasty crap out there. JT pointed out that he'd never had a bad German beer. I find that I agree. So I have boring taste. Fuggit. Give me any German lager and most Mexicans. Got Corona in the refrigerator now. Very ordinary, but damn it goes down nice.

I drink some strange brews, but I always keep a case of my go to in the fridge...

oldmilwaukee.jpg

I drink variety with food just like people do with wine, but when I come home after 4 appointments of attics and crawls and my last appointment was a 2 hour drive away I just crack open a can and drink one before I hit the sack.

• Members

I would get more of the Samuel Adams summer samplers if it wasn't for that cherry wheat crap in it. Blech!

Years and years ago, probably 15-20 years ago, that Cherry Wheat used to only come in the Christmas mixed 12 pack. It was unfiltered and you could see bits of cherry. It was awesome. Not the same beer it is now, for sure.

• Members

So, that makes Ranger an Imperial IPA (Double IPA) at 9%. Still haven't tried it - forgot the name...again...but it's been written now so it shall be drunk.

6.5%. sorry, must've been thinking of something els. But Ranger is a great one.

• Members
I was very briefly on a hunt for "The" beer. Something to stock. A "regular." Man, there's some nasty crap out there. JT pointed out that he'd never had a bad German beer. I find that I agree. So I have boring taste. Fuggit. Give me any German lager and most Mexicans. Got Corona in the refrigerator now. Very ordinary, but damn it goes down nice.

Well, I lived, worked and traveled extensively all over Germany for almost seven years and, believe it or not, there are a few unsavory brews over there too. Two notables would be Kulmbacher from don't remember where and Thomasbrau out of Munich. Pure Dreck.....both of 'em!! Way too skunky in my book. But, those were the only two in seven years, so..........

This is what I've been buying for a few months now since it became available here in the Buckeye state. Made in Pottsville, PA and they've been making beer longer than Martin has been building guitars, so I figure they MUST know something about it. It tastes great and looks beautiful when poured into a frosted mug...which, by the way, is the only true way to drink beer. It's the same price as "Buttwiper" too..........great everyday beer!!

yuengling.jpg

• Members

Yuengling is a good brew. I drink their Black and Tan. I mix it up these days but stay casual with it. I begged off all spirits for about 9 months but life is too short for that {censored}. Now I'll bring home Stella Artois, Guinness, Yuengling, New Castle and then occasionally bring home a sample 6-pack from World Market of international beers. Our grocer, Publix, carries many beers and offers sample 6-packs of your own choosing.

• Members

Well, I lived, worked and traveled extensively all over Germany for almost seven years and, believe it or not, there are a few unsavory brews over there too. Two notables would be Kulmbacher from don't remember where and Thomasbrau out of Munich. Pure Dreck.....both of 'em!! Way too skunky in my book. But, those were the only two in seven years, so..........

This is what I've been buying for a few months now since it became available here in the Buckeye state. Made in Pottsville, PA and they've been making beer longer than Martin has been building guitars, so I figure they MUST know something about it. It tastes great and looks beautiful when poured into a frosted mug...which, by the way, is the only true way to drink beer. It's the same price as "Buttwiper" too..........great everyday beer!!

yuengling.jpg

Yuengling Porter is by far their best beer...I drink Yuengling often, because they brew it in Tampa as well as PA....The porter is marvelous.

• Members

^^ Full Sail does many things well.

Verily. The Amber, on tap, is about the end-all-be-all of beer, afaic.

Still not sure about being converted, but I just picked up six of the LTDs for tomorrow's Solstice Jam.

TGIF!

Archived