Jumbo Body Acoustic, without electronics?

diapsalmata

• Members

Hey all,

I currently have an early 90's Takamine NP-15, Japanese made. Great guitar, sounds great, plays great. What i'm really looking for is a jumbo body acoustic, without any electronics at all, similar body style to an Epiphone EJ200. Never been a big fan of the dreadnought body style.

Would anybody have any suggestions?

Probably looking to trade my Takamine, spending around 800$ or so would be ideal.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

• Members

Guild and Gibson pretty much wrote the book on jumbos. You won't find a Gibson in your price range and probably not a US made Guild but a Guild GAD (made in China) model will probably work. The F-150R has a street price of $1050 or so: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/guild-gad-series-f-150r-jumbo-acoustic-guitar. Your Takamine is probably worth $500-600 if you sell it, figure less as a trade. $800 and your guitar should be doable with room to spare.

• Members

You might check out the Larrivee L series. Definitely not a typical jumbo shape, but based on a jumbo body style.

If you're looking used, you should easily be able to find one of the 3 series (online) for well under $1k.

Archived