why is it ... ?

rickoshea

• Members

OK.

A new regime is indicated.

Before they are allowed into you they have to visit Igor, the hygienist, and be introduced to toothbrushing, mouthwash, breath freshener whatever it takes. Dettol and a wire brush may be indicated.

You explain that research shows that dental anesthesia may reduce libido, and allow them to self sort into two groups (a) insecure sex hounds and (b) insecure sex hounds who enjoy pain.

Remove the front left upper from Group (a) and the right from Group(b)

Invent other such diversions to make your dentistry day more diverting.

My dentist does this, overcharges, and seems to enjoy their profitable practise. ;)

:lol:

• Members

My teeth came out a long time ago, so I don't have to worry about dentists. I got hit in the mouth with the main boom on a 60-footer some years ago. That'll do it every time. Lost twelve teeth total in the accident, and they decided to take the rest of them out because of the bone damage.

I'll bet it is kind of depressing looking in people's mouths all day. I'll bet you run into some hellacious breath too, huh?

• Members

Nigel - I actually like that plan, it could well save a bit of boredom and indeed my sanity.

Ed - see that vacant look in Laurence Oliviers' eyes? I know it well but so far have refrained from the "Marathon Man" approach. Again, a definite possibility ....

kiowa - ouch! we could always try 28 implants if you're brave enough ;):lol: As for "death breath", yup, constantly. Nigel will understand this one ... in N. Ireland the worst was patients coming in after eating Tayto cheese and onion crisps. That was pure unadulterated torture. Bastards. 2 cotton wool rolls up the nostrils (nasal tampons ;)) and 2 masks. The stench still leaked through ....

The French take a public holiday today. I don't have to work in mouths and can spend a day building guitars. This is a good thing.

• Members

Here in the states we don't see the dentist until the hygienist has had a chance to work us over. Usually that means that they give a thorough cleaning and the odd set of X-rays but there was this one time I had this girl work me over pretty good. I'm sure she'd had man troubles and was taking it out on me. Having someone else floss and scrape around the gum line never hurt so much and she'd pried my mouth open so far that my jaw muscles ached for days. When the dentist came and shook my hand he had a limp wristed handshake with cold hands and apologetically told me that he wanted to grind one of my molars down to a stump and fit me with a temporary crown. I was convinced that either a: the X-ray he just glanced at wasn't even mine, or b: they needed to clean the lens on the frigging thing. The entire experience smacked of "good cop, bad cop" and I did all I could to get the hell out of there and never looked back.

5 years later I still have that molar (though not my wisdom teeth) and they're still sending me reminders. LOL - fat chance! My first clue should've been when I walked into the examination room to find two parents soothing a pubescent boy who was crying his eyes out. As it stands I still want to punch that bitch hygienist in the mouth and show her what it felt like.

• Members

Yeah, I especially liked the stuff they gave me to put me under when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. It was like a Pink Floyd concert, man. I lucked out too: I didn't even need to take the vicotin afterwards. Good thing too because I could see myself getting hooked on that crap.

OT: is it me or is the US health care system turning into a legalized drug pushing racket? :cop:

• Members

bloody hell Neil - sounds like you had a sodding butcher "treating" you there. I thought dentists like that only existed in the UK with the appalling "health system" they call the NHS :facepalm:

Garthy - I've always worn a mask but it does nothing to halt the assault on my olfactory organs from minging mouths. I had a hygienist at my practice in Ireland, sadly there's no such thing in France. Very sadly.

You get three weeks!
;)

actually ... I shortened my holidays, most of the French take all of August off. Plus there are 11 public holidays a year - over one per week in May. This is extremely agreeable :lol:.

They work to live here, not the other way around ;)

• Members

Garthy - I've always worn a mask but it does nothing to halt the assault on my olfactory organs from minging mouths. I had a hygienist at my practice in Ireland, sadly there's no such thing in France. Very sadly.

Phew! And I thought he only wore it when he was treating me :eek:

Archived