What's the best acoustical under fro less than $188.88?

Queequeg

• Members

Thanks Michael. Think you & I started doing Open Mikes about the same time, with you just ahead of me. You haven't added a vowel to the end of your name yet? You must be bilingual by now (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Mi Italiano is not so good. But good enough to order caffe, vino, pizze, and flirt with women. The essentials of life.

And I do go by "Michelangelo" over there, as a nickname among friends. My avatar is the St. Michael Archangel who once stood atop the Castel Sant'Angelo. Now he's inside the Castel, with a larger bronze replacement in his place on the top. I like the older Michael much better.

• Members

I quit my trio last week, Q. Last gig was a company picnic deal on Sunday. The past few months I just haven't been into it, and thought they'd be better served by another sideman. So far I'm loving this decision. Practiced more this week than I have in months!

• Members

FWIW, Q, your chops have really improved in the last year so the gigging is really paying off. Your sense of tempo and dynamics in particular have significantly improved. It was a real treat to see you play at the McJam.

OTOH for as much as you've progressed my skills have stagnated. The wife and kids just will not let me pick up the guitar unless I steal 10 minutes here or there. I wish I could gig; I need to GTFO of the house and make some $$$! ;)

• Members

FWIW, Q, your chops have really improved in the last year so the gigging is really paying off. Your sense of tempo and dynamics in particular have significantly improved. It was a real treat to see you play at the McJam.

OTOH for as much as you've progressed my skills have stagnated. The wife and kids just will not let me pick up the guitar unless I steal 10 minutes here or there. I wish I could gig; I need to GTFO of the house and make some $$$!
;)

Thanks Neil. Great seeing you again in June. All I can say is that when I would play in front of a group of people, regardless of how many, the anxiety of performing was not unlike screaming emergency vehicles' sirens sounding in my head, making it impossible to concentrate on tempo , dynamics and anything resembling the nuance which is music. And unless you have been plagued by performance anxiety, you will assume I exaggerate but I assure you that I do not. Once I was able to quiet these beasts, I could play much the same in front of others as I have at home alone. Getting to that point was somewhat arduous.

Try putting something on the calendar, Neil. A standing date when your family knows that you are out on the first and third Thursday of each month, or whenever your open mic, or musical muse, or gig or playing buddies are available. And if any of those cancel on you, be gone anyway, and busk on the street corner that night then.

You and I, we are on different paths. I need to starve my beast; whereas you have to feed yours.

• Members

Q!! All this talk of you playing at the McJam makes me want to see some video or something. Good to "see" you!

Hey Kiddo, been watching your career blast off since you graduated from Berklee. Seems like only yesterday you were auditioning there. Congratulations on your success.

I'll get back into recording soon. I got a few "ideas". :rolleyes:

• Members

Hey Kiddo, been watching your career blast off since you graduated from Berklee. Seems like only yesterday you were auditioning there. Congratulations on your success.

I'll get back into recording soon. I got a few "ideas".
:rolleyes:

Sweet. Can't wait to hear the new ideas.

And thanks! I'm really lucky. I'm touring with a new group now - http://www.mustangsallyband.com/#/Home They have a tour bus and everything! It's crazy.

Archived