Roland Street Cube ... A Busker's Dream?

Stackabones

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Jkater View Post
Have never plugged into one of these, but a friend up in Toronto uses one for busking, so my info is 2nd hand.

Traynor's 50-watt version of the discontinued 30-watt Crate Taxi, in that it has an internal 12-volt battery, but no reverb/FX...Traynor is generally a pretty good brand, so it's probably a decent enough "mini-PA", as long as you don't mind the lack of reverb/FX.

Supposedly a better amp for getting a tube-like electric guitar tone, which the Crate doesn't do all that well, in all honestly. The Crate, otoh, is great for a/e guitar tone.

About $100 less than the Crate Limo, like I use.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall View Post
Have never plugged into one of these, but a friend up in Toronto uses one for busking, so my info is 2nd hand.

Traynor's 50-watt version of the discontinued 30-watt Crate Taxi, in that it has an internal 12-volt battery, but no reverb/FX...Traynor is generally a pretty good brand, so it's probably a decent enough "mini-PA", as long as you don't mind the lack of reverb/FX.

Supposedly a better amp for getting a tube-like electric guitar tone, which the Crate doesn't do all that well, in all honestly. The Crate, otoh, is great for a/e guitar tone.

About $100 less than the Crate Limo, like I use.
Yes TAH Traynor makes good amps. I have seen buskers here use even the 15 watt version. I almost bought one when they first came out but decided to get a Vox battery powered amp instead. I wish I had got the Traynor. They also make excellent acoustic guitar amps but the old Traynor tube amps are very desirable since they were direct copies of Fender circuitry.

When The Plastic Ono Band played Toronto in 1969 Traynor supplied the amplifiers.

Try to ignore Yoko...icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer View Post
Yes TAH Traynor makes good amps. I have seen buskers here use even the 15 watt version. I almost bought one when they first came out but decided to get a Vox battery powered amp instead. I wish I had got the Traynor. They also make excellent acoustic guitar amps but the old Traynor tube amps are very desirable since they were direct copies of Fender circuitry.

When The Plastic Ono Band played Toronto in 1969 Traynor supplied the amplifiers.

Try to ignore Yoko...icon_lol.gif

Notice that Ono used a lyric sheet?

I'm guessing it says something like "Verse One - sound like a cat being tortured with a soldering iron", "Verse Two - sound like a hamster in a blender", "Lead Break - do an impersonation of Ned Beatty in Deliverance", etc, etc... tongue.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall View Post
Notice that Ono used a lyric sheet?

I'm guessing it says something like "Verse One - sound like a cat being tortured with a soldering iron", "Verse Two - sound like a hamster in a blender", "Lead Break - do an impersonation of Ned Beatty in Deliverance", etc, etc... tongue.gif
lmao!

• Members

My cousin just sprung for a Hiwatt 15 watt buskers amp for me, given that I'd been busking with an un-electrified ukulele since sadly having to sell my acoustic. Its way cool!! Sounds alot like the crate ones, rechargeable internal battery, 2 channels (1 instrument 1 mic) 8" high performance speaker, reverb, gain EQ, all that good stuff..Its perfect for me!! I'm well chuffed. Plus, I just found out that a mate has what he describes as a beater he's gonna let me have!! A solid top vintage v300. My cup it runneth over!!! love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp

View Post

I'd think a Busker's dream would be more like a steady gig indoors somewhere.

Then it wouldn't be busking...Those kind of gigs are very few and far between round here and one guy with a uke (the guitar is a regular acoustic) and a questionable voice just might not cut it. I can just about fool the general public...

Archived