Post Photos Of Your Gear Here !

aaaaabb

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by simplygoodmusic

View Post

^WOW!

The only thing factory made on the 'home-made' vintage are the machine heads. There is a stencil on the back that you can just make out through the ridiculously thick shellac. It says "Johns Manville Giant Square Butt Shingles."

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess my first post in this forum will be the first post of the year in this thread!

100_0151.jpg

My Martin DC-16GTE

The armrest was added before I bought it from my old guitar teacher. He said that the person who owned it before him added to let the top vibrate better (it's glued on to the body RIGHT on the edge, there is some space in between the rest and the body). I honestly don't know if that made much of a difference in the sound, but I think it adds a bit of aesthetic value.

100_0148.jpg

My amp and pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by simplygoodmusic

View Post

I have yet to try an armrest, but almost anyone who uses one on their flattop loves it.

Well it's my first good quality guitar, and I've never played any other DC-16GTE so I have no way to compare idn_smilie.gif

I really love the sound on it though, unplugged and amplified.

• Members

Looks like I lost my old account pw as JohnnyCanuck so I'll start over:

Same guitars just newer picture, from L to R: Taylor 514ce, 1959 Gibson J45 which is 50 years old in March, 1979 Yamaki which is 30 years old in June and a Martin backpacker hiding behind them.

guitars.jpg

Fender Ultimate Chorus and roland space echo:

P1020036.jpg

• Members

This is the latest addition to my collection...

It a Sobell Model 0, 12 fret guitar made in November 2003. It features best old growth Brazilian sides and back, a super slim neck fashioned out of 100 year old Cuban mahagony. The top is of best European spruce. The model 0 is roughly of OM proportions, so smaller than the MS Signature that I have on order with Stefan. It has all the usual Sobell characteristics : flawless build quality, beautiful materials - the guitar is basically constructed from a collection of endangered species and of course that special Sobell sound and sustain which is to die for. In an effort to not intefere or possibly affect the sound of this instrument, the Highlander pickup with which it is fitted has no battery inside the instrument. Power is supplied externally via a special Highlander unit.

Anyway here we go

Sobell_0_01.jpg

Another of the front

Sobell_0_02.jpg

Rosette and sound hole detail

Sobell_0_03.jpg

Stunning Brazilian back

Sobell_0_04.jpg

Cheers,

Ian