Lil OT:

panhandler

• Members

I like fried chicken.  I like fried chicken a lot.  It's hard to find good fried chicken around here.  If you have a chicken shack with good fried chicken close to you, you are lucky.

I don't like fast food fried chicken.  I don't like it at all.  I will not eat it.

Just good fried chicken is all a man needs.  I like breasts & wings, sometimes a drumstick.

Do you like fried chicken too?  If you do, then you're a lot like me. What is your favorite piece?

• Members

My old Aunt Sue (Sophia) left the family with many recipes when she passed. My mother was her favorite on that generation and I was her favorite of my generation. She was a great musician and singer-- and an even better cook. She made a chicken recipe that was "breaded" with crushed Ritz crackers. It was baked and it melts in your mouth. My mother perfected it. My wife perfected it. I am a happy when it comes to food.

As for my aunt's claim to fame, she was on the Red Skelton radio show. Skelton had her as a permanent member of his cast. They met performing somewhere in Ohio and always remained friends. Maybe he liked her cooking. :)

• Members

Mom's was good. I'd put it #2 behind her Momma's.  Good fried chicken the old fashined way. Mamma used lard, Mom used Crisco. 

Mrs. Pine Apple has a frying phobia (not to eat, just the mess, visualizes grease splattering everywhere). So I don't get it at home.

The best locally is at the lunch/deli counter at the local hometown grocery.

• Members

There's a little mom n pop restaurant here in town that serves up real pan fried chicken for lunch on Thursday. Not deep fried, but fried in a skillet... just like my mother used to... and it's DAMN GOOD! If you don't get there before twelve, you'll probably have to wait. It's a popular place.

Archived