Zager guitars crap???

Alexilaiho

• Members

Alexilaiho wrote:

From what I read they are, does anybody have a horror story

My one experience was repairing the damage that the owner had done - it was severly dehydrated and had cracked.   My opinion of the guitar is that it was not nearly as bad as all the internet flaming (generally by people who had never seen or played one).   Basically set up with extremely low action, low nut slots and light strings and certainly over priced, but the owner liked it and really that is all that counts.

(Keller puts on asbestos underwear and prepares for the {censored}storm)

• Members

Freeman Keller wrote:

Alexilaiho wrote:

From what I read they are, does anybody have a horror story

My one experience was repairing the damage that the
owner
had done - it was severly dehydrated and had cracked.   My opinion of the guitar is that it was not nearly as bad as all the internet flaming (generally by people who had never seen or played one).   Basically set up with extremely low action, low nut slots and light strings and certainly over priced, but the owner liked it and really that is all that counts.

(Keller puts on asbestos underwear and prepares for the {censored}storm)

Why would you wear asbestos underwear for a {censored}storm?  I'd get an umbrella, but then again, you shouldn't worry about it.  It's not in the forcast. 

This may go for 2 pages, but it won't be anything serious about Zager guitars..  except for yours, which was well put and even tempered.

• Members

Like most forumites who post regarding Zager guitars, I have never owned, played, or even seen a Zagar.  But my vast knowledge and experience that comes from spending countless hours and thousands of posts on this and other guitar forums qualifies me as an expert on the topic, and as such, it is my responsibility to share that knowledge and experience with newbies and other ill-informed individuals.  Yes, they are crap.

• Members

stormin1155 wrote:

Like most forumites who post regarding Zager guitars, I have never owned, played, or even seen a Zagar.  But my vast knowledge and experience that comes from spending countless hours and thousands of posts on this and other guitar forums qualifies me as an expert on the topic, and as such, it is my responsibility to share that knowledge and experience with newbies and other ill-informed individuals.  Yes, they are crap.

I have the exact same qualifications as the above poster and totally agree with what he says.

And, in addtion to that.........Denny Zager is a sleazeball!

Archived