Poll: 2005/6 Fernandes Revolver Pro!!!

hournegative

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by oYx

any chance of making the sustainer circuitry more compact? and zero noise?

on my 7-string sustainer, i notice it can get quite noisy.

We are actually looking at "shrinking the sustainer circuitry as well as using a different shielding approach. Maybe this can be completed for 2006. I know it would make installing the Sustainer system in other brands of guitars much easier.

We'll get there eventually!

Ray Mitchell

• Members
Originally posted by hournegative

First off, COOL SCREEN NAME! ArrMatey!!!
:D

The plan with the Ravelle is to go to a more Gibson-ish "Slim Taper" neck (like the one you are talking about) for 2006. Also, there are plans to offer more finish choices as well as an EMG model Ravelle. I'm trying to push for a Ravelle that would feature EMG's and Black Pearl and/or Abalone binding. As always, I welcome ANY design suggestions/ideas so, FIRE AWAY!

Take care,

Ray Mitchell

Arrr, thank you matey :D

To be honest, the shape of the Ravelle is one of my favorite. I chose another guitar due to the neck but if you include a slim taper neck with EMGS and the sustainer, then I'm a buyer ON THE SPOT!
It would be cool to have more choice in dark colours or in more sunbursty colour finishes. For example, these colours:

59sunburst.jpg
Image11.jpg
Image7.jpg

those are just ideas but it will be able to give the ravelle that touch of a bit more classic while keeping more modern rock shapes.

• Members

Originally posted by FloodsCFHCG

So is there any possiblity for a non-trem revolver model? 'Cause I really like that guitar.

What's happenin'?

There will DEFINITELY be a non-trem revolver!

Hopefully I'll have some more info/pics soon!

Ray Mitchell

• Members
Originally posted by ArrMatey

Arrr, thank you matey

To be honest, the shape of the Ravelle is one of my favorite. I chose another guitar due to the neck but if you include a slim taper neck with EMGS and the sustainer, then I'm a buyer ON THE SPOT!

It would be cool to have more choice in dark colours or in more sunbursty colour finishes. For example, these colours:

59sunburst.jpg
Image11.jpg
Image7.jpg

those are just ideas but it will be able to give the ravelle that touch of a bit more classic while keeping more modern rock shapes.

I like your color choices! I've been pushing for a trans/see-thru black finish for a couple of months, should happen in 2006. As for the burst finish, I think it would look GREAT so I will definitely submit it to the president of Fernandes and vote for it as well!

Stay in touch, I'm going to post some more "secret/premier" pics here tomorrow including the new BARITONE RAVELLE!!!

Thanks man!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Hey man!

I will definitely try to help you i.d. your guitars. Send the pics to the email address in my profile. If my email address does not show up, here it is in broken form...

ray at v10audio.com

Speak soon,

Ray Mitchell

Hey Ray - just sent you an email about IDing a Fernandes strat I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Members

Ok gang!

This is a picture of the upcoming Revolver Elite w/Barbed Wire inlay. This is a picture of the guitar being built in Japan as we speak. Because of privacy I had to "black out" the background image of the factory machinery. This guitar when finished will be a SUPER HIGH GLOSS BLACK. It will have an EMG 81 and a Sustainer and is NECK-THRU.

C'mon now, tell me what you think!

Yea or Nea?

Ray Mitchell

RevolverBarbedWireLimitededited.jpg
[/img]

I'm on that like stink on ****.Thats like the one i was talkin' bout in my earlier post.The one that was on ebay w/ the neck-thru and ebony board etc.Thats sweet,i'm actually in the market for a backup to my Jem.Damn i wish i could get a hold of one of those now!.......Once again im a big fan of fernandes!.........

• Members

To everyone watching and participating in this discussion, I will be online a bit later this evening (July 8th 2005) I'm just REALLY busy with work stuff. I have received quite a few emails as well and I will be anwering those ASAP.

Just didn't want to leave anyone wondering!

Ray Mitchell

P.S. Stay tuned for more cool pics!

• Members

To everyone watching and participating in this discussion, I will be online a bit later this evening (July 8th 2005) I'm just REALLY busy with work stuff. I have received quite a few emails as well and I will be anwering those ASAP.

Just didn't want to leave anyone wondering!

Ray Mitchell

P.S. Stay tuned for more cool pics!

:cool:

• Members

Just been reading through this thread, its cool that Fernandes is looking for more input from the customer base. My personal opinion is I can do without all the black and the EMG pickups. I'd say its better to stick with Duncans or the Fernandes set which includes the Sustainer driver in the neck. Thumbs up for the Ravelle baritone idea. It might be a niche instrument but I think its a great idea. A mix of neck thru, bolt on, and set necks give players a good variety to chose from. I personally like all three constructions, and offering something for everybody is great. Also always used the best hardware. Locking tuners, name brand pickups, if you use a Floyd use an original, the best electronics. The overhead will be taken care of by the amount of customers it brings in. ESP/LTD and Shecter which are the main compeition in your market do this and its key to stay in there with them as far as hardware.

Lastly I just wanted to mention that I am getting my Carvin Bolt back from the shop tomorrow with a new sustainer kit installed. I cant wait to see it, and play it. It would be cool if you made the sustainers in white also, like the one Steve Vai has in FLO.

• Members

Originally posted by Benz2112

My personal opinion is I can do without all the black and the EMG pickups. I'd say its better to stick with Duncans or the Fernandes set which includes the Sustainer driver in the neck.

In fairness the new revolver is meant to be an "aggressive/metal/shred/rock" guitar and a lot of metal heads do dig EMGs.

• Members

Ok, here goes...

Revolver concept headstocks, both reversed and non-reversed.

POLL: REV or NON-REV OR... NEITHER!

Let me know guys!!!

If this image host works, then I'm going to post some EXTREMELY ADVANCE PHOTOS i.e. NEW REVOLVER 7 PRO and REVOLVER LIMITED w/Barbed Wire inlay.

Oh by the way... THE ALL NEW RAVELLE 30" SCALE BARITONE!!!

Here we go...

REVERSE

revolver_vortex_headstock2_med.jpg

NON-REVERSE

revolver_vortex_headstock1med.jpg

Heh, on that one I like the reversed a bit more since it's straighter and not at like 70degrees to the neck.

• Members
Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Here it is. I love the way this guitar looks. The only improvement I can think of is maybe some cool block inlays. I love the way it's kinda of a cross between a tele and a jag. I love the color too. Like a champaign, or a shoreline gold metallic. Beauty!

There's another one at the bottom, I think it's called the JG-55.

FernandesJaguarStyle.jpg

FernandesJaguarStyle3.jpg

FERNANDES_JG-55.gif

This is definitely a very sharp guitar.

rockfish

• Members

Looks cool, reminds of the ESP EC-1000 series in cosmetics, which I tend to like, but drop those abalone bling bling inlays, thats the one thing I find myself and most people not liking about the ESPs, just make them pearloid.

Otherwise very cool.

Archived