Poll: 2005/6 Fernandes Revolver Pro!!!

hournegative

• Members
Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Hopefully it's not, as I'd love to have one. COmpared with a Jag, I can see some subtle differences. The lower horn on the Fernandes is more rounded than the Fender, and the upper horn look slighty pointier! Not to mention the headstock is totally different, and the Fernandes does not have the jag trem or switches...

I have to say, you've got me scratching my head! Wheels are turning...

;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by k4df4l

That's bitchin...fatten up that HS just a touch, ebony board with the offset dots and it's the bizness
:)

Ok, here it is with the headstock fattened up a bit. Hopefully you'll use your imagination for the ebony! :D

Is this better?

revolver_vortex_headstock1fattercop.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

here's a little idea on improving the vertigo.

always found that the upper 'horn' does not 'cross' the neck to meet the lower 'horn' seamlessly. hope you know what i mean.

• Members

Sorry, to slip away from the Revolver point for a moment, I just thought I'd mention a HC member called Cosmitron. He's absolutely Fernandes and Burny mad! This Cosmitron Burny Ravelle Signature is a post of his from a while back. If you ask me, he's a talented guy. The post gets quite juicy towards the middle.

I haven't seen him online for a while though. I just sent him an email to get here quick!

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

here's a little idea on improving the vertigo.

always found that the upper 'horn' does not 'cross' the neck to meet the lower 'horn' seamlessly. hope you know what i mean.

A very subtle but NICE tweak on the Vertigo shape. This will be shown to the president for sure. It makes the guitar flow a bit better I think!

Thanks man!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Ray -

Is this intended to be like a "shred"-esque guitar? How thick/thin is the neck?

I find it slightly boring, but I mean, I'm looking for a shredder so I'm not sure if this would do the trick.

How much will it retail (not list but like street price) for? Any ideas?

Props to Fernandes for getting input.

• Members
Originally posted by hournegative

Ok, here it is with the headstock fattened up a bit. Hopefully you'll use your imagination for the ebony!
:D

Is this better?

revolver_vortex_headstock1fattercop.jpg
[/img]

I can see it now.....and I like what I am seeing :cool:

*wispering voice in the cornfield* build it and they will....er...buy one!:D

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Ray -

Is this intended to be like a "shred"-esque guitar? How thick/thin is the neck?

I find it slightly boring, but I mean, I'm looking for a shredder so I'm not sure if this would do the trick.

Hey man,

Thanks for dropping in and hangin' out on this thread! As far as the "slightly boring" thing, this guitar is intended to be "Step One" in the re-defining of the Revolver. There are other models planned that will be quite a bit more dressed up as far as asthetics/eye candy goes. The neck shape? Definitely a bit on the thin/quick side of the fence. Some of my favorite neck shapes are from older Ibanez RG's and Music Man Guitars. I also really like the original Ibanez Universe 7 string necks (from 1990 through 1992) for my seven string neck shape. I would like you all to know that as far as my "style" of playing is concerned, it's usually fast metal type stuff, so I tend to go for a qick and comfortable neck.

Hope this helps!

Ray Mitchell

How much will it retail (not list but like street price) for? Any ideas?

Props to Fernandes for getting input.

• Members

On the Revolvers... having a string-through- body option would be popular. Also, I like a two volume, two tone setup on my guitars. The coil tap is a good idea too.

MY ideal would be very similar to what you have pictured there, with a quilt top, 4 knob, coil tap, Wizard II type neck, a Floyd and it would be MIJ.

I would definitely buy that over the Ibanez S540 I'm currently looking for.

• Members

Originally posted by hournegative

OOPS! Forgot to answer one of your questions!

We're shooting for a street price of around $789.00 to $889.00.

We have to make sure that it either beats or falls in line with certain LTD's, Schecter's, Ibanez's etc...

Speak soon!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Mmn, not bad. The ESP M-IIs and such are usually around $1200 or so, and that's very similar to it.

I'd buy it if I had the coin for sure if I was interested in shred.

But seriously, the 4/2 headstock thing is absolutely badass and gives it an identity of its own.

• Members
Originally posted by oYx

just an idea. click on attachment.

longer upper horn, and a slightly warped dragonfly headstock. ignore the rosewood board though.
:)

Here's my take on the Revolver w/a Dragonfly 3X3 headstock...

Whadaya think eh?

Yea or Nea?

revolver_dragonflyheadstock.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

Mmn, not bad. The ESP M-IIs and such are usually around $1200 or so, and that's very similar to it.

I'd buy it if I had the coin for sure if I was interested in shred.

But seriously, the 4/2 headstock thing is absolutely badass and gives it an identity of its own.

I also dig the 4/2 headstock.

• Members

Ok gang!

This is a picture of the upcoming Revolver Elite w/Barbed Wire inlay. This is a picture of the guitar being built in Japan as we speak. Because of privacy I had to "black out" the background image of the factory machinery. This guitar when finished will be a SUPER HIGH GLOSS BLACK. It will have an EMG 81 and a Sustainer and is NECK-THRU.

C'mon now, tell me what you think!

Yea or Nea?

Ray Mitchell

RevolverBarbedWireLimitededited.jpg' alt='>'>

Archived