Poll: 2005/6 Fernandes Revolver Pro!!!

hournegative

• Members

Originally posted by Sparky6string

I've got a MIJ Revolver that I love. It really shreds.

That thing looks nice but some shark fin inlays on the fretboard would be nicer.
:D

Hey hournegative... if you're tight with Fernandes I sent an email to them asking about some of my Fernandes guitars and the bastards never replyed.
:mad:
Anything you can do to help?

Hey man!

I will definitely try to help you i.d. your guitars. Send the pics to the email address in my profile. If my email address does not show up, here it is in broken form...

ray at v10audio.com

Speak soon,

Ray Mitchell

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

about the 27" revolver..

what's the bridge? :)

please don't screw up the inlays! offset dots seem cool as it is. what about offset block inlays? ala ESP's MIJ horizon III.

• Members

Originally posted by hournegative

Keep up the comments/ideas!

Please do a Vertigo Elite with an Original Floyd Rose, please no low end licensed version though on such a high end guitar!

I love this one in blue flame, and if it had a floyd, I'd have a very hard time resisting it!

1103233505359_IM004482.JPG

• Members

I really like those inlays. Looks really cool to the side I reckon. I think you should lose the reverse bit of the headstock however. I like the fact it's a non-pointy(much anyway) metal guitar without a knife-like headstock. Looks a bit more traditional. Reminds me of the JEM shape. I like it though, :) Keep the inlays though, they look slick :cool: I love the ones like that and the ones on random offsets. Little bit funkay.

Cya.

For the ravelle, maybe make it come with two interchangeable pickguards, because I heard people complain about the holes in it :)

Also, I think it's great you're asking people what to do. Good work :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

yeah, i agree with sparky.

i like my fernandes enough to have a sustainer installed into a non-fernandes guitar of mine, and i was getting some issues with the wiring. so i emailed fernandes hoping to get it solved, but after some emails to-and-fro, the replies just stop.

i was thinking that unless you're steve vai, it's going to be hard getting the sustainer installed into a non-fernandes guitar. [i'm not a big fan, but i do listen to some vai and i know he has a fernanes sustainer in his guitar.]

maybe that can be one factor to look into to make fernandes be more of a "people's" guitar company?

I'm not too thrilled to hear that happened to you. How long ago was that? The company has an entirely new staff at the Hollywood office now. Please email me your sustainer problems and I will GLADLY help you get them solved! I can assure you that your bad experience will be made known to the president of Fernandes!

Hang with us man!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

about the 27" revolver..

what's the bridge?
:)

please don't screw up the inlays! offset dots seem cool as it is. what about offset block inlays? ala ESP's MIJ horizon III.

There will be two versions, one with a stop-tail bridge and one with a double locking Floyd Rose type bridge. We were thinking about an Ebony or Rosewood fretboard with no inlays to get that "blackout" effect. Other options are offset dots or maybe offset horizintal mini trapezoid inlays. We are thinking about having a "design our inlays" contest for the new models. What do you think about that idea?

Hope my answers have been helpful!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

that was in early May, but it was like my third time trying. same thing each time. i'd love to email you the sustainer problems soon.

one suggestion:

how about hosting a fernandes forum with some fernandes tech mingling in it? considering that the sustainer is quite 'touchy' when it comes to wiring modding, i think such a forum would help a lot of guitar techs all over the world. :)

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

that was in early May, but it was like my third time trying. same thing each time. i'd love to email you the sustainer problems soon.

one suggestion:

how about hosting a fernandes forum with some fernandes tech mingling in it? considering that the sustainer is quite 'touchy' when it comes to wiring modding, i think such a forum would help a lot of guitar techs all over the world.

Consider it done! I will talk to the president and secure the forum. I will post the address as soon as it is up and running. Don't forget to email me the sustainer problems, I want to help you!

Fernandes forums, COMIN" RIGHT UP!

• Members

Hey man!

I will definitely try to help you i.d. your guitars. Send the pics to the email address in my profile. If my email address does not show up, here it is in broken form...

ray at v10audio.com

Speak soon,

Ray Mitchell

Thanks man. I don't have pics yet but I do have serial numbers and good descriptions.

I'm a big fan of Fernandes guitars, so it was kind of a drag when they ignored me like that. It makes you rethink your position on a company. I tend to voice my approval of Fernandes guitars often on Forums such as this. Since being ignored... not so much.

Thanks for your help. I'll email you the onfo.

• Members

wow. i'm a little giddy.

sorry if i'm dominating the thread too much for now, but thought i'll ask anyway, since the 27" is already on its way. any idea what is the neck profile for the 27"? would it possibly be a HSH version?

all the talk about the 27" scale ebony board without inlays is making me want to drop my prestige ibanez 27" RG2077XL anytime.

hope the quality control for this new wave of fernandes will be good too.

• Members

I'm not too thrilled to hear that happened to you. How long ago was that? The company has an entirely new staff at the Hollywood office now. Please email me your sustainer problems and I will GLADLY help you get them solved! I can assure you that your bad experience will be made known to the president of Fernandes!

Hang with us man!

Ray Mitchell

Thats pretty damn good service. Nice.

• Members

Originally posted by georges

I really like those inlays. Looks really cool to the side I reckon. I think you should lose the reverse bit of the headstock however. I like the fact it's a non-pointy(much anyway) metal guitar without a knife-like headstock. Looks a bit more traditional. Reminds me of the JEM shape. I like it though,
Keep the inlays though, they look slick
:cool:
I love the ones like that and the ones on random offsets. Little bit funkay.

Cya.

For the ravelle, maybe make it come with two interchangeable pickguards, because I heard people complain about the holes in it

Also, I think it's great you're asking people what to do. Good work
:cool:

Thanks for the super kind words! My thinking with doing the reversed Revolver headstock is based on what you said, "I like the fact it's a non-pointy (much anyway) metal guitar without a knife-like headstock. I felt it was just aggressive enough to feel new and rounded just enough to feel classy or traditional. I hear people complain about how high the Jackson reverse headstock sticks up, I myself like it fine, but people seem to like the ESP/LTD M1/Hammett headstock reversed because it doesn't "stick up" as far. I have bunches and bunches of ESPs and Jacksons floating around my house, so I thought it best to take cues from all of them and implement them subtly with the Revolver.

Ahh... the dreaded Ravelle "swiss cheese" pickguard argument. I think the best solution would be to just ship the guitar with both the aggressive/vented pickguard and a traditional Gibson one as well. The argumant for both of these pickguards is literally 50/50, so I say do both!

I would like to say how sorry I am for your country's losses in light of today's attacks in London. :( It makes me sick to think about people minding their business, just trying to get to work, and getting killed in the process.

Let us Americans not forget, England is our Motherland.

Speak soon,

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

wow. i'm a little giddy.

sorry if i'm dominating the thread too much for now, but thought i'll ask anyway, since the 27" is already on its way. any idea what is the neck profile for the 27"? would it possibly be a HSH version?

all the talk about the 27" scale ebony board without inlays is making me want to drop my prestige ibanez 27" RG2077XL anytime.

hope the quality control for this new wave of fernandes will be good too.

I would like to do a H/S/H version in black and with transparent finishes over quilted tops. Also, maybe Ebony fretboard w/flame maple inlays in some sort of cool shape.

The quality control at Fernandes is about to get friggin' military grade!

Share your ideas, this is important as to what models happen in 2006!

Speak to me!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by FloodsCFHCG

Offer a non-trem model and I'd be all over it! Any chances for that?

We have been talking about so many different guitars here I'm not sure which one you want in a non-trem? The 2005/6 Revolver PRO? Another model?

Please advise!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Hey man,

Please post the pic or email it to me. ALL suggestions will be turned in to the "Powers that be" I can assure you. We want to make Fernandes the "peoples" guitar company. No overdone fluff, just guitars that people will want.

GIMMIE YOUR PIC!

Ray Mitchell

Here it is. I love the way this guitar looks. The only improvement I can think of is maybe some cool block inlays. I love the way it's kinda of a cross between a tele and a jag. I love the color too. Like a champaign, or a shoreline gold metallic. Beauty!

There's another one at the bottom, I think it's called the JG-55.

FernandesJaguarStyle.jpg

FernandesJaguarStyle3.jpg

FERNANDES_JG-55.gif

• Members

We have been talking about so many different guitars here I'm not sure which one you want in a non-trem? The 2005/6 Revolver PRO? Another model?

Ray Mitchell

Yeah, the revolver. An ebony board and non-trem would be uh-mazing, but I'd settle for just the non-trem.

• Members

I dunno if it's been said before but will a model be available without the sustainer system - like a Deluxe and Elite model?

Regarding the website: I've always found it to be terribly outdated. It's almost impossible to get proper information about your guitars. I'd like to see things like full spec sheets for the guitars.

By the way, I'll just add that I love my Ravelle Ltd Ed. Nice work!

• Members

The plan with the Ravelle is to go to a more Gibson-ish "Slim Taper" neck (like the one you are talking about) for 2006. Also, there are plans to offer more finish choices as well as an EMG model Ravelle. I'm trying to push for a Ravelle that would feature EMG's and Black Pearl and/or Abalone binding. As always, I welcome ANY design suggestions/ideas so, FIRE AWAY!

Take care,

Ray Mitchell

That is GREAT News,I just literally sold my Ravelle because of the whole thick neck issue.I absolutely loved the guitar and the way it sounded,but i have pretty small hands (pisses me off) and i've been into shred type playin lately,and the ravelle was just too thick for some of the scales and arpeggio's etc, i'm tryin to play as fast and as smooth as possible.I just bought a floral Jem and am extremely happy with it.But being a fan of the Ravelle that would make my day, the Ravelle w/ a thinner neck. I would gladly purchase another Ravelle for the thinner neck,like i said I am a big fan of the Ravelle and fernandes guitars in general.I also owned a Monterey elite that i was very impressed with also................

• Members
Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Here it is. I love the way this guitar looks. The only improvement I can think of is maybe some cool block inlays. I love the way it's kinda of a cross between a tele and a jag. I love the color too. Like a champaign, or a shoreline gold metallic. Beauty!

There's another one at the bottom, I think it's called the JG-55.

FernandesJaguarStyle.jpg

FernandesJaguarStyle3.jpg

FERNANDES_JG-55.gif

Now thats a nice Jag!

Archived