Poll: 2005/6 Fernandes Revolver Pro!!!

hournegative

• Members

Originally posted by hournegative

The plan with the Ravelle is to go to a more Gibson-ish "Slim Taper" neck (like the one you are talking about) for 2006. Also, there are plans to offer more finish choices as well as an EMG model Ravelle. I'm trying to push for a Ravelle that would feature EMG's and Black Pearl and/or Abalone binding. As always, I welcome ANY design suggestions/ideas so, FIRE AWAY!

This is what I was hoping to hear. The Ravelle is my all time favourite guitar design and I think they're fantastic value, but I find myself struggling with the chunky neck a little.

I'd love to see a pure white (not ivory!!!) Ravelle with gold hardware. That would be a dream come true.

By the way, is there still a USA custom shop? If so, how can I get info about it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually now that your talkin' bout the revolver and options and specs and such, A while ago on ebay someone was selling a beautiful red revolver (pretty sure it was an elite) and it had like seymour duncan humbuckers and single coils not sure of exact formation i think it was H/S/S anyways it was a setneck w/ ebony fretboard and it was a fernandes revolver and looked pretty new,I was droolin' over it but had no money at the time ,the guy said it listed for like in the high $1000's or something. where did that revolver come from.Think you should look into puttin' those out if there from overseas or discontinued or whatever. It was absolutely beautiful, ive been lookin' for one since ,but i doubt i'll see one anytime soon, that is the only one like that particular one i have seen.hournegative can you shed some light on it for me?

• Members

sitamoia50:

i saw that one. that's the revolver elite mentioned earlier in this thread. it was a neck-thru though, not a set-neck. as far as i can remember, it was in the previous line of the revolver.

• Members
Originally posted by oYx

sitamoia50:

i saw that one. that's the revolver elite mentioned earlier in this thread. it was a neck-thru though, not a set-neck. as far as i can remember, it was in the previous line of the revolver.

Oh yeah thats right, neck-thru,thats what it was.It was pretty serious i'll tell you that. i would actually have the money for it now.If that same guitar came up on ebay now i'd buy it in a heartbeat,went for pretty reasonable price too i remember like between $650 and $700 or something.

• Members
Originally posted by oYx

sitamoia50:

Did the one mentioned earlier in the thread have an ebony fretboard though?

• Members

Hey guys,

I've got some VERY cool pictures of Revolver concepts that we are making now, as well as a couple of "photoshop" rough versions that we are playing with. If someone could tell me how the hell to post pictures I will hook you guys up! I tried earlier in this thread to post pics but for whatever reason the html didn't wanna co-operate with me... :mad:

Help me out so I can show you the pics!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

yeah it had an ebony board. that was the time where fernandes had matte black finishes. the dark ages. :)

i know how you feel. i wanted that red revolver, but i didn't want to spend on a guitar at that time. ironically, i got myself something of similar cost just a week ago. hope fernandes would have such gems to go around long enough for all of us this time. :D

• Members

Ok, here goes...

Revolver concept headstocks, both reversed and non-reversed.

POLL: REV or NON-REV OR... NEITHER!

Let me know guys!!!

If this image host works, then I'm going to post some EXTREMELY ADVANCE PHOTOS i.e. NEW REVOLVER 7 PRO and REVOLVER LIMITED w/Barbed Wire inlay.

Oh by the way... THE ALL NEW RAVELLE 30" SCALE BARITONE!!!

Here we go...

REVERSE

revolver_vortex_headstock2_med.jpg

NON-REVERSE

revolver_vortex_headstock1med.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Here it is. I love the way this guitar looks. The only improvement I can think of is maybe some cool block inlays. I love the way it's kinda of a cross between a tele and a jag. I love the color too. Like a champaign, or a shoreline gold metallic. Beauty!

There's another one at the bottom, I think it's called the JG-55.

FernandesJaguarStyle.jpg

FernandesJaguarStyle3.jpg

FERNANDES_JG-55.gif

Let me see if that's a lawsuit waiting to happen kid of piece! I like it as well, I think it would balance out the line a bit better. Stay tuned, I'm currently building the official Fernandes forums site as we speak!!!

Stay intouch with me man, I like the way you think!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

isn't that headstock from the vortex?

i still think the original revolver non-reversed headstock has its charm - makes me think of a vulture.

You are correct my man! The headstock is from the Vortex which is another guitar that is being considered for re-introduction in 2006. We are probably going to always offer a version of the Revolver with it's classic "non-reversed' headstock, but people seem to like 3X3 and 4X2 headstocks more and more these days especially the Horizon 3X3 and the Caparison 4X2 headstock. Just playing around with some ideas...

Keep on feeding the ideas gang!!!

Ray Mitchell

• Members
Originally posted by Ravelleman

That's gorgeous.

thanks!

i based the longer upper horn on something i heard. something about the guitar being able to balance much better if the horn reaches above the 12th fret. don't know if it's true though, because i never got to try one like that. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by oYx

just an idea. click on attachment.

longer upper horn, and a slightly warped dragonfly headstock. ignore the rosewood board though.
:)

Hey, no fair! I was just about to upload a Revolver/Dragonfly combo! Glad that you like it though! What do you think about doing it with a Dragonfly headstock but have the body done as a carve top like a PRS or ESP Horizon and have a quilted top AND quilted headstock?

Let me know, I'll be submitting new model ideas starting at the NAMM show in Indianapolis on July 20-24th. Anyone going to Indy or live close enough to come down for dinner with the Fernandes gang? I don't think I have a chance in hell at getting any more NAMM passes but we could at least meet for dinner!

Speak soon!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Hey, no fair! I was just about to upload a Revolver/Dragonfly combo!

you should upload that too. no two guitars are alike, even if they have the same specs! :D

• Members

Let me see if that's a lawsuit waiting to happen kid of piece! I like it as well, I think it would balance out the line a bit better. Stay tuned, I'm currently building the official Fernandes forums site as we speak!!!

Stay intouch with me man, I like the way you think!

Ray Mitchell

Hopefully it's not, as I'd love to have one. COmpared with a Jag, I can see some subtle differences. The lower horn on the Fernandes is more rounded than the Fender, and the upper horn look slighty pointier! Not to mention the headstock is totally different, and the Fernandes does not have the jag trem or switches...

62jag0100900883supa.jpg

FERNANDES_JG-55.gif

Archived