how's this look on ebay?

jjpistols

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Sparky6string

What was the brand name on it? It looks sweet and I wish I could afford it! You wouldn't consider a 2 year payment plan on a friend price would ya buddy ole pal?
:D;)

if you can convince the landlord the money's worth waiting for, it's all yours :D

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

I wasnt really shilling, I actually wanted to bid $30 on it.
:o

If you wanted to bid $300 instead, this thread would be closed.:D

Plus, it would be a gift, my Canadian friend. GIFT. No duty, cuz it's a GIFT!

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

LOL...come on! an auction that the seller lists "includes new strings!!!!" always make me want it even more
;)

Yeah, I'm totally not bidding on this auction if I don't see some FREE STRINGS BABY!

:p

//S :)

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Yeah, I'm totally not bidding on this auction if I don't see some FREE STRINGS BABY!

:p

//S
:)

You could've paypaled me 2 weeks ago, and this would've been waitin' for ya in HB - with a NEW set of R-word strings, 10-42, last week.

• Members

I believe if Rickenbacker even finds the pictures thay'll yank the auction. It's not just the name but the design that they own. And they don't care if you say "copy" or not. All you can say is electric 12 string.

JJ, I think I have one of these - No name on it anywhere? From the guy in PA about a year and a half ago? That was just about when it became impossible to use the Rickenbacker word in an auction.

By the way, folks - REAL nice guitar for the money! Mine has a great neck. And the width is like a 12-string should be - as opposed to an actual 330/12, which - for me - is almost impossible to play.

There, JJ - Hope that helps.:)

No, seriously - I do have one. And if I didn't I'd buy JJ's in a second.

• Members

Originally posted by Guitar_nut

While we are on the ebay talk...

I think your pics look great, I was just cruising ebay also and found this wacky self tuning guitar deal.

So does anyone know anything about this, no one seems to reply, is this the real deal?

All I can say is $5000? AND $125 shipping?

That's VALUE baby.

Invest in a strat or tele and a Hipshot Trilogy and you're already there.

//S

• Members

Yeah DeWees - same guy, but this is a six string. I don't think he ever got in the Lennon ones he (and I) wanted.

The neck is very comfortable. I made the mistake of playing it last night, and rediscovering how cool it is. My lead guitarist had it speaking Mick Mars thru my VC508. I wish he had money, I'd love for him to be playing it on stage.

Oh well, someday when the money is flowin' in I'll make it all up to Ric anyway. I actually really like those necks and tiny frets.

• Members

Jeez, there's an easy way to get the "Ric" name on the ad without creating a {censored}storm.

The ad could say....

Semi-Hollow 360 type electric guitar, Not a Rickenbacker

Nobody can bitch about using the number "360", because it's simply a number, that's all. You can't copyright a number.

Secondly, the ad is clearly stating that the guitar is not a Rickenbacker, but it will still pop up if somebody does a search under the name "Rickenbacker." It will also pop up for a search of "electric guitar" and "360."

That's everything you need to cover.

I would also put the actual brand name of the guitar in the ad.

I didn't see it mentioned and inquiring minds would like to know.

• Members

Naw - I think ebay would pull it before they got the email from Ric. Seriously, I've seen it happen, I've been following these and the Agile and other copies for awhile.

That's why the copies are so hard to find. Those guys protect their own. Hard.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

Naw - I think ebay would pull it before they got the email from Ric. Seriously, I've seen it happen, I've been following these and the Agile and other copies for awhile.

That's why the copies are so hard to find. Those guys protect their own. Hard.

Yes, you can't say "Rickenbacker" anywhere or Rickenbacker will find your auction and have it pulled. It's not about whether or not you say it's a copy - It's about someone making a guitar that infringes on their design. That's why they won't even let you post pictures of it, regardless of what you call it.

But I do think that they probbaly aren't searching for "360."

Until now, that is.... :)

• Members

Originally posted by Buck62

Secondly, the ad is clearly stating that the guitar is
not
a Rickenbacker, but it will still pop up if somebody does a search under the name "Rickenbacker." It will also pop up for a search of "electric guitar" and "360."

I'm guessing you've never sold a guitar on ebay right?:rolleyes: Ebay prohibits any auction from using these tactics regardless of the item.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

Some jerk bid $300 while I was asleep, then retracted the bid. WTF?
:mad:

I decided that 3 month old strings were too old ....slap new strings on there and maybe I bid again:D

Archived