Where the F..Did this Rapper get this Cash?

• Moderators

an advance from his label?

I know though, you see these young 'urban stars' splashing and flashing money around and you have to wonder where could it be coming from when mainstream acts have to tour their @$$3$ off to make $55 million...then agian, you wonder if they plan on retiring...what is the life expectancy in that media market segment these days? ;)

• Moderators

yes, they finally admitted it...nice that all the news outlets trust the mucksuckers like TMZ journalistic integrity :rolleyes: which is why I still only trust print media folks, they at least have a 'serious tradition'...not always perfect, but a pretty good track record of making sure they have the facts....before they publish them.

• Members

Yeah, but seriously guys, you don't know who Soulja Boy is? I don't remember the song right now, but his one big hit was a MAJOR hit - you couldn't get *away* from that stupid song for about a year straight, the licensing alone should have set him up for life. He definitely should have a little money...

• Members

Yeah, but seriously guys, you don't know who Soulja Boy is? I don't remember the song right now, but his one big hit was a MAJOR hit - you couldn't get *away* from that stupid song for about a year straight, the licensing alone should have set him up for life. He definitely should have a little money...

There is a MASSIVE difference between being set for life/having money and being able to afford (and justify) a $55m jet.

Soula Boy has money.

Soula Boy is NOT what would be described as 'wealthy', however.

For comparison to Soula Boy, who despite SOME noteriety/hits, is a relative nobody in the rap world, let's look at Jay-Z:

50m in album sales, 13 Grammy awards, most #1 albums by a solo artist...

Also founder and/or co-owner of numerous successful business ventures OUTSIDE of rap (Rocawear clothing, part-owner of the NJ Nets), etc.

Net worth of approximately $450m.

Jay-Z is wealthy. You think HE'S going to spend more than 10% of his total net on a jet?

No way, no how.

• Members

yes, they finally admitted it...nice that all the news outlets trust the mucksuckers like TMZ journalistic integrity
:rolleyes:
which is why I still only trust print media folks, they at least have a 'serious tradition'...not always perfect, but a pretty good track record of making sure they have the facts....before they publish them.

The harm is done. The average Joe now thinks : "I KNEW IT! Artists are filthy rich and they complain about piracy... F*CK THEM!".

Archived