through-zero doppler

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do u mean programming the Pic?

not entirely, no.

do u guys know the difference between these types of motors?

I know a good bit, and morepual does too I believe, but in order to go into explinations we need to know your 1-19 scale, so that we can continue with this discussion.

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

i don't know my scale i'm guessing a (2) im not really sure

That seems reasonable for the Walters character. Would you say you, the actor portraying the character, has more knowledge?

It does simplify these questions

What can i do with PIC microcontroller?

Probably nothing

When programming it what kind of motor rotations can i get?

probably none

• Members

I'm bored with this crap.

Let's play the "what would Walters' productions sound like if he existed and recorded using the techniques and equipment he claimed to use?" game.

My vote: An exciting mix between someone taking a long poo, your average high school garage band production, Bob Clearmountain's work, and Merzbow.

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

What is motor control engineering?

do u mean programming the Pic?

do u guys know the difference between these types of motors?

Engineering the motor control.

What is programming the Pic?

One has one phase. another has three times as many. another runs off DC. And instead of dC, the other runs off AC.

• Members

Most motors rotate continiously

I'm trying to get different motor rotating not continiously

LFO=motor
LFO cycles= motor rotations

A LFO can be sinewave,square wave,triangle wave, other

I'm trying to make a motor rotations like a LFO cycles
because a LFO is not continious it can have different shapes,slopes,curves on the output of a LFO circuit
Most motors rotate continious im trying to change the shape,slope,curve of the motors rotations like a LFO

LFO cycles like a motor rotations

• Members

I want to try each one of these motors in my leslie what would be the difference between all these motors?

permanent magnet dc motor?
series wound?
shunt wound dc motors?
Brushless DC motors?
brushless permanent magnet motor?
permanent magnet ac motors?
permanent magnet synchronous motors?
Full step stepper motor?
half-step stepper motor?
switched reluctance motor?
variable reluctance motor?
AC induction motor?
Universal Motor?

• Members

He's right.

LFO motors are very hard to track down. One company in norther Ireland makes these for custom applications. Prices range from us$ 500-10000 to have them make one.

With a good motor shell, shaft, bearings, and bushings, one could make their own if they were half decent at motor design.

Walters, how good are you at motor design?

• Members

not good at all but i think of taking a servo motor and turning it into a LFO motor

What would a LFO motor need?

I need a motor with a Voltage input to control the motors spin/rotations would this be a servo motor?

But Servo motors use PWM to control the motors spin/rotations

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

To my ears and powers of reasoning, the bass rotor works just as an AM device, and only for the upper two octaves or so of the bass section (200 to 800 Hz). Frequencies lower than 200 Hz are probably uneffected by a scoop of this size, since 200 Hz has a wavelength of approximately 5.5 feet. There may be some frequency-modulation effects near the 800 Hz xrossover point, but it sure sounds like AM to me. The result is a low-frequency "throb", which is very pleasant and especially powerful and beautiful when used in "slow" or "chorus" mode.

by Clifford A. Henricksen

Community Light & Sound

First published in Recording Engineer/Producer magazine, April 1981.

I bought a Motion Sound leslie "clone" that had no bass rotor; instead it used a 12" speaker that had an AM-type signal sent to it.

It did NOT sound like a Leslie.

• Members

There's certainly a lot to "the leslie sound" and there's a lot of varying expectations (one thing to consider, for instance, is do we simply mean "rotating speaker" or do we mean the tone of the cabinet, the sound of the amplifier, etc)

but within the rotor, yeah, 200-800hz holds a lot of info and one thing I find sims in general lack is the "lighthouse effect" -- wherein what you are hearing in a room is not just a modulation in a direct sound...but a shifting of reflected sound...you're, in effect, altering the room.

Archived