Oddball Guitars -- Anyody Else Collect Them? Show Them!!

curseoftruth

• Members

For some reason I am attracted to the strange ones. Kind of wish I wasn't but I am. Case in point:

Schecter A-5X Celloblaster. 5 string guitar tuned in fifths.

Squier Subsonic Baritone Showmaster

Now a MIJ Squier Venus XII 12-string is coming into the arsenal.

And I have my Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe, not a very common guitar (there are a few of us believers here I know!)

Some Pix:

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

cb1.jpg

cb2.jpg

ravelle1.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You and I have the same taste in guitars -- I've wanted a Jetstar forever and I love those Yamahas! I've bid on a ton of the DeArmonds on eBay and never won. I lost out last second on a brown setneck Jetstar Baritone a couple of years ago (before I knew about eSnipe). There is a pawn shop by my house that has a really beat up bolt on for like $100. It's white. Been there for at least 5 years now. I've thought about getting it and finding some Goldtones to stick in it.

Nice collection! Going up to GC to pay for my Venus 12 String in a few minutes!!!

Originally posted by Save The Pine Weasel

Squier Venus x3:

Venus_Trio_7846.jpg

Yamaha SGV-800 x2:

SGV800_7886.jpg

And a DeArmond Jetstar:

Jetstar_9853.jpg

"I am Gumby, dambit!"

• Members

Save The Pine Weasel:

Those Yamahas...my knee-jerk reaction was to recoil in disgust, but the more I look at them (and I can't help but doing so) the more I am starting to really, really dig them. The look of the neck, the way the headstock and lower horn are similar, and the P90s...wow. What can you tell us about them?

ALSO!

Curseoftruth, I believe the guitarist in Bloodbath used one of those Schecters, tuned A. Nice looking guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

I like your SG, that is actually a cool looking guitar, plus it has my favorite pups in it!!! P90s baby!!

:thu: Thanks man! yeah, the original headstock said "Citation". I've replaced the original humbuckers with the p90's, and replaced the neck with a carvin bolt neck. And added the paisley patterns.

cool!

• Members

Originally posted by baja85

Those Yamahas...my knee-jerk reaction was to recoil in disgust, but the more I look at them (and I can't help but doing so) the more I am starting to really, really dig them. The look of the neck, the way the headstock and lower horn are similar, and the P90s...wow. What can you tell us about them?

They're really nice guitars. The build quality is great. The neck bindng and locking tuners are nice touches. They're very responsive to your playing.

The only functional thing about them I can think that might turn people off is that the neck is really narrow. I think it's 39mm at the nut.

Archived