What do you think of Jacksons?

Tosis Maguill

• Members

Originally posted by 50foot midget

Me likey!

I'm a BC Rich man first though, but Jackson is a VERY close second. Definately an axe for pure metallic mayhem (especially loaded w/ EMG's!)....which is the only way I'll take'em!

Hell yes. Jacksons sound amazing with EMG's.

Especially the DKMG. Damn. That EMG TurboCharger is nuts.

I love it.

I used to have a BC Rich, but I ended up selling it.

I didn't like it much.

It was a Warlock. I'm not sure of the series. It was neck-through, though, and got it for almost $700 at Guitar Center.

• Members

Originally posted by Tosis Maguill

Hell yes. Jacksons sound amazing with EMG's.

Especially the DKMG. Damn. That EMG TurboCharger is nuts.

I love it.

I used to have a BC Rich, but I ended up selling it.

I didn't like it much.

It was a Warlock. I'm not sure of the series. It was neck-through, though, and got it for almost $700 at Guitar Center.

My latest edition, a dark red quilt top BC Rich Beast with reverse headstock, has an EMG pre-amp built into it...I installed the Kerry King set on it (emg 81 bridge, 85 neck, and adjustable 20db pre-amp boost). Its pretty cool. I use it as a boost at lower volumes mainly. sounds great at higher volumes too...but I'm already running into a high gain pre-amp, and even with a noise gate, the boost makes the feedback and noise level practically intolerable!

• Members

Originally posted by Tosis Maguill

Yeah.

The dB gain is nice to have.

Especiallly being a lead guitarist..

In my band (we play metal), we balance our amps out, for the harmonies and everything.

However, I use the db gain when my guitar is supposed to be heard more.

I've used it that way too...and it works well for that.

I also occasionally use it for slower 'doom metal' type parts, with the neck pick up on (an EMG 85). Gets a really cool thick 'sludge' tone. But when I g back to my usually speed-riff stuff (I play a style thats kinda a combo of death/thrash/ and black metal) I switch it off and go back my bridge PU...an EMG 81.

• Members

Originally posted by 50foot midget

I've used it that way too...and it works well for that.

I also occasionally use it for slower 'doom metal' type parts, with the neck pick up on (an EMG 85). Gets a really cool thick 'sludge' tone. But when I g back to my usually speed-riff stuff (I play a style thats kinda a combo of death/thrash/ and black metal) I switch it off and go back my bridge PU...an EMG 81.

Nice. I love the pick-up configuration you use, as well.

I was thinking of getting the EMG 85 for my neck pick-up.

They're both 81's right now...

• Members

I have a 91' canadian soloist with Jackson actives and a mid boost circuit. HSS, It's a super nice guitar. Comfortable, fast as hell and it really is a nicely built guitar. I'm not sure if the singles are active but i'll get some pretty convincing strat-like sounds from it with those. The Humbucker is pretty hot but good sounding. Definitly made for fast work. I don't use it too much now but i'll pick it up from time to time and think, "dam, this is a sweet guitar" ! I use mainly low to mid output Gibson pickups in hand made guitars now. I have to re-tweek my rig for this one. She's hot as hell!

Archived