Im in pain!!!!! My Gibson, .....!!!!!!!!! @^%#!!!

fuzzylogic220

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Had a custom that had that happen to it. I was on vacation, and some dudes broke into my apartment and grabbed it. As they were running out, my neighbor grabbed the guy, and he dropped it.

You can get it fixed, but umm....it will never be the same.

Sorry:(

• Members

Pfft.. don't sweat it.. Find a GOOD repairer, it'll be just fine.. don't let the naysayers sell you crap like 'it will suck toooone', I've had 3 fixed and all have been 100% afterwards.

The key is GOOD repairer..

Hell, lots of famous LP players have played repaired LPs just fine..

• Members
Originally posted by Mr.Mow

Pfft.. don't sweat it.. Find a GOOD repairer, it'll be just fine.. don't let the naysayers sell you crap like 'it will suck toooone', I've had 3 fixed and all have been 100% afterwards.

The key is GOOD repairer..

Hell, lots of famous LP players have played repaired LPs just fine..

Totally agree. The repair will be stronger than it was before. Downside....{censored} resale value...upside...you will have a great player's guitar that you don't have to worry about scratching anymore, now you can play the {censored} out of it until you die.:)

GET SOMEONE QUALIFIED TO REPAIR IT PROPERLY!!

• Members
Originally posted by Vox Boy

Totally agree. The repair will be stronger than it was before. Downside....{censored} resale value...upside...you will have a great player's guitar that you don't have to worry about scratching anymore, now you can play the {censored} out of it until you die.
:)

GET SOMEONE QUALIFIED TO REPAIR IT PROPERLY!!

These folks are absolutely correct.

Can you tell us how it was knocked over? What kind of stand? It may help others avoid this problem.

It's not a tragedy, just an inconvenience. Only you will ever know it was broken if a good luthier does the work.

• Moderators

Don't despair, man. It's an easy and fairly inexpensive fix so just take it someone you trust and it will be good as new.

I gotta say, that's one reason I'm a Fender guy. I've never seen that happen to a Tele that fell off a stand.

• Members

Oh damn, damn.......man yeah it'll be fine after it's repaired but I know that had to kill you. I'd have broken out in sweats and had to bite my tongue in half to avoid smacking somebody out cold. How in the hell did that happen? Was it a kid? Did the person offer to pay for it or did they just try to play it off?

• Members

Dude I've done more of these repairs than I've had hot dinners (and I'm a LARGE bloke!).

Its not a bad break! Really it isn't. Key thing is, don't touch {censored}! ESPECIALLY don't glue anything! In the case - to your tech - end of story!

For a break like that, I would charge typically

• Members

Mine fell off a stand about 8 years ago and cracked the headstock about like yours. In fact, I forget that happened all the time. I took it to a luthier and he repaired it, in fact, you have to do a double take to even notice a crack happened, he did a good job.

I was sweating at first but after I got it back, its no big deal at all. Still plays and sounds like it always did.

Archived