My Telecaster Was Stolen...

homestar

• Members

well after contacting everyone who i share a practice space with (all good people)...it appears my telecaster is GONE. {censored}ing gone. it was a 91 telecaster plus, no {censored}ing way i can ever replace it...was gonna have myself buried with it. man, what a {censored}ing terrible thing to do to someone else. i mean yeah, steal a pedal, whatever, no matter how rare it'll never hurt like someone stealing your NUMBER ONE

dammit...what a month. band is dead, got scammed out of some money, and now...guitar is gone. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

pic of my guitar...austinies, if you see this baby please bring it back to me. it was stolen out of room 129 at music lab on st. elmo...grr

tele.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw your post on Craigslist - that {censored}in sucks - I'll def keep an eye out around town

check Austin Vintage for it too, but make sure you have a police report

not saying he's a thief, but I have recovered stolen guitars there - I think he's not too careful about who he buys from

report the serial number to both Guitar Centers - talk to Patrick a the North one, and Parker at the south one - tell them JJ told you to contact them - they get ID and info when they buy used gear, so if it does turn up, they can watch out for it, and catch the guy if he tries to sell it

good luck

• Members

Sorry to hear that, friend, we share the same destiny. I was robbered two times. The basterds stole my rare Ibanez guitar, and the second time they stole my modified Ibanez blazer (but modified with dimarzio pickups, and floyd rose, really good guitar).
But don`t worry pell, now I am waiting for my princess, Ibanez Prestige RG2570EXVSL, and I am very happy about it.
Always look on the bright side of life :thu:

• Members

Do you have a serial number for it? Watch eBay, pawnshops (if you have them in your area) and places that buy used gear. Also, like everyone else said get a police report. But with out a serial number there isn't much that can be done.

Sorry about your loss. I had a car stolen once, it was my baby. I had spent the previous summer building a 500hp beast of a power plant and was just getting the bugs ironed out when the thieves took it. :mad:

-edit- also what is that a sticker of in the middle between the pickups? Its kind of hidden by your hand but that could be an identifiying feature for people in your area to look for. The sticker or where the sticker was.

• Members

pawnshops in Austin? I would say it's a safe bet ;)

What's that song, again?

Grand pappy told my pappy back in my day, son

A man had to answer for the wicked that he'd done

Take all the rope in Texas

Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys

Hang them high in the street

For all the people to see

That

Justice is the one thing you should always find

You got to saddle up your boys

You got to draw a hard line

When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune

And we'll all meet back at the local saloon

And we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing

whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

I hope you catch the bastard, and I hope that gravity does its Texas thang...

• Members

i wish i had the serial number...argh...why am i so stupid

reason i left it there was because it seemed so safe...yeah it's a studio type place so...i figured it was ok. i usually don't! it's supposed to be so safe!!!!

ARGH i'm so stupid...but yeah, i'll try and get all that...that sticker...yes that sticker. harvey birdman sticker i got once, haha...of dr. reducto

blah, off to work...:mad:

• Members

Yeah, all you people take note. Record your serial number make and maybe a few polaroids. Just because you're paranoid does mean they're after you.

Usually good sellers on eBay will tell you the serial number of the instrument being sold. Call up all pawnshops within a 100 mile radius maybe and ask em if they got a tele and do a little road trip.

I'd kill if anyone stole my main axe, I mean it's a 2000 something SG Faded, but it's my main weapon, that just ain't right.

I'd check this studio place and see if they have insurance or if you did any contracts see if there is anything in there about security or the safe guarding of client equipment.

Hey, didn't Clapton get a lot of gear stolen throughout his career?

• Members

I once left the studio and walked to the train station just when i was going to pay I noticed I wasn't carrying my guitar I walked about 5 nyc blocks back and said there was no way it was still there. I turned the conner and ti was standing right there I couldn't beleive it well I wish all stories ended that way I hope the peoson feel guilty and decides to return it that really sucks!!! :evil:

Archived