Whats the Best Looking Guitar youve EVER seen!

jrew

• Members
Originally posted by onbongos

meh. most of the stuff i've seen in this thread is frou frou coffee table guitars i'd never actually play - i might smudge the finish or god forbid scratch it

Sounding a little bitter there bro!!

My number 1 guitar is completely custom made to my specs. I work as studio guitarist and producer. My guitar can see 40 hours of work easily in a week. It gets banged scratched..etc. I dont worry about it. I actually like the fact that the back of my guitar is hammered. It shows how much use it gets.
just because some of us prefer high end tonewoods on our guitars doesnt make them frou frou (whatever that means):D nor does it mean that owners dont use them or are worried about scratching them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

imho next to none of these guitars are playable... what i mean by that is. To me a guitar can't be too pretty... then i don't get to have fun relicing it through rocking out;)

Most pretty guitars look {censored}e beaten up... i mean, those teles looked awesome but can you imagine in 50 years time seeing a PRS like that?

I think i've got the right mix... it's pretty, it's gonna be fun basing it about and it'll still look cool in 50 years time.
tele003.jpg

• Members

PRS.... I mean they have become so common place today that I just can't get into them anymore. Sure they are pretty, but I see them everytime I walk into a GC, everytime I log in here, on TV or in videos, and lots of local dudes play them. They seem more common that Les Pauls and Teles these days.

• Members

Someone should rename this thread "What's the ugliest guitar you've EVER seen!" because, DAMN. Some of you have the worst taste in aesthetics:D Ugly shapes and colors; gawdy quilt tops; meaningless lines (like the MOP's on the PRS Santana) that make the guitar appear like the designer knows nothing about visual balance.

OK, so now that I've crapped all over the thread, you want to see if I can suggest something that is better looking than what's here? No chance. I have really bad taste myself. But the strat has won all kinds of design awards over the years because of its significance in defining the shape of the modern electric guitar. When you put a Les Paul next to a Strat, it's like the fat girl standing next to the prom queen.

Archived