OMG!!Look what just showed up at my doorstep!!!

espgold

• Members

Bought this last week off ebay. Pumpkin Orange Sunset Customs Strat. Seller thinks it may have been an ESP build since they were a dealer at the time. I don't know and don't care!!

Perfect shape as far as I've seen. More details/pics after I take it apart later :D

1202009img0eo.jpg

1202011img7ml.jpg

1202010img5ep.jpg

Anybody with more info on this brand is welcome to chime in! as if I even had to ask!! :p

• Members

I believe that ESP, Edwards and Fernandes are/or at least were all one and the same. Edwards and Fernandes were made in and for Japan. Edwards were generally copies of Gibson guitars and Fernandes sold the Fender clones. ESP is the arm of the company that was set up to sell guitar partsand guitar kits in the USA. A bit later they began to sell complete guitars.

gt5litre

• Members

Originally posted by gt5litre

I believe that ESP, Edwards and Fernandes are/or at least were all one and the same. Edwards and Fernandes were made in and for Japan. Edwards were generally copies of Gibson guitars and Fernandes sold the Fender clones. ESP is the arm of the company that was set up to sell guitar partsand guitar kits in the USA. A bit later they began to sell complete guitars.

gt5litre

Fernandes is a completely different company, and their version of Edwards is called Burny. Fender also was partners with Fernandes during the MIJ days. All the CIJ guitars appeared after Fernandes kicked Fender out of their factory.

• Members
It "just showed up," eh? Riiight.

Well...no wife to give me grief over it :thu: ...:cry:

I paid $435 shipped with the Original Sunset Customs soft case.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions as to it's lineage. I, too, thought that looked an awful lot like a Fernandes headstock. Research time....after i play a while :cool:

• Members

Here's some shots of the innards. I'm very impressed...shielded cavities and full guard...SSSrouting...good electronics and still not a blemish anywhere on this thing!
Definitely the cleanest used guitar I've ever bought.

Look at the frets...finished perfectly...I just polished them up a bit...no wear at all.

Looks like a quartersawn neck to me. Feels really nice.

Aside from a new set of plastic in mint or aged white, this guit is done:thu: ...:rolleyes:

Well.......we'll see :D
1202012img8nt.th.jpg1202013img8qw.th.jpg1202016img6at.th.jpg1202018img9ky.th.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by espgold

Well...no wife to give me grief over it
:thu:
:cry:

I paid $435 shipped with the Original Sunset Customs soft case.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions as to it's lineage. I, too, thought that looked an awful lot like a Fernandes headstock. Research time....after i play a while
:cool:

OMG!!! That's {censored}ing sweet! Great guitar at a great price! I'm a green w/ envy.

BTW If you ever see any "48 Street Guitars" for sale, snatch them up quick. Those are ESP builds.

• Members
BTW If you ever see any "48 Street Guitars" for sale, snatch them up quick. Those are ESP builds.

Thanks go cat go, I love the more traditional ESP's -see my avatar- and there's always room for one more :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by gt5litre

gt5litre

mmmm... no.

• Members

Originally posted by GilmourD

Fernandes is a completely different company, and their version of Edwards is called Burny. Fender also was partners with Fernandes during the MIJ days. All the CIJ guitars appeared after Fernandes kicked Fender out of their factory.

does that correspond with the move to Tokai?

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

does that correspond with the move to Tokai?

From what I understand, somewhere in the mix there, Ibanez's factory actually manufactured Fender Japan's guitars. I'm not sure who's making them now, but Tokai did at some point.

Archived