post pics of semi's and hollow bodies

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by lesigh6239

Here's my semi-hollow guitar. Italia Mondial Classic, just got it about 2 months ago. I wasn't able to take an actual picture cause my camera sucks and eats batteries like crazy.

mondial_std.jpg

Man, I love Italian design.:thu:

Oh, and btw, if people are posting hollows as wells as semi's, here's my 1959 Gretsch:
59Gretsch2.jpg
StevesPhotos033.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by xStonr

Here's my Ibanez AS73 modded with a roller bridge and GFS Liverpools.

FamPhoto6.jpg

Hey xStonr, how do yo like those Liverpools in that Artcore? I've been thinking of putting something similar in my Kramer. They look great as well.

• Members

Originally posted by DRPool

Hey xStonr, how do yo like those Liverpools in that Artcore? I've been thinking of putting something similar in my Kramer. They look great as well.

The longer I have them, the more mixed my feelings are about them. Some days they are great and others just okay.They're real nice on the high end, but not chimey enough for me. And on the low end, they are not creamy enough for me. One thing though, you can't beat the price.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Mahogany body on a semi hollow......whats the sound like?

I'm very happy with the HB32, not only is the neck, frets and body quite good, but the hardware and electronics, seem to be good enough quality that I don't feel I need to invest in new pickups or pots.

It definetly has more of an open sound than my Gibson solid bodies (LPs and SG). I use it on stage for songs that I recorded with an acoustic, not that it sounds just like an acoustic but it's good that open sound. It takes distortion really well, sounds cool even with my MJM Foxey Fuzz, when I'm looking for those huge waves of distortion. For $300 bucks I think it's was an amazing deal.

There was a thread about this model recently, here's a link:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1203496

• Members
Originally posted by Jan Folkson

Just ordered one of these in Blue Burst. Should be here tomorrow....

exs1dh_large.jpg

I have one in classic sunburst and it is a beautiful guitar and they sound great.

DAngelico_Excel.jpg

When I got mine it had string buzz so bad I took it to a shop. The nut was cut too low and they needed to cut a new one, but that solved the problem. It has a different feel than my Gibson hollowbodies do that I have never quite got used to, but it is a great guitar.

Archived