Ric_360_12_small.jpg

Gretsch Country Classic II

Gretsch_Country_Classic_small.jpg

Eastman Uptown AR805 CE

Eastman_AR805CE.jpg

Let me know if I forgot some.

• Members

Originally posted by blues_rocker

hey guitarlady how do you like the 330 and country classic?

I assume you mean the Gibson ES-330, I have a Ric 330 also. The ES-330 was my first guitar so I have a fondness for it and probably why I tend to like Gibson hollow bodies. It is a very nice light confortable to play guitar and has a nice tone when played through a clean amp or even acoustically. It has P90's when tend to produce some hum and it can feedback easily if you are not careful but not any different than any other hollow body.

I had not intended to buy the Gretsch Country Classic being as I already had a Gretsch Tennesse Rose, but when MF was closing out their Gretsch Firebird Jets, I ordered a Jet and they sent me the Country Classic instead so I decided to keep it and it blows out the Tennesse Rose in tone and playability. It has that typical Gretsch Filtertron sound which has its usefullness but in general I like prefer the Gibson humbucker sounds of my ES series guitars which seem jazzier and bluesier than the Gretsch.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Matter of fact, i like it so much, I've put in a bid for one on Ebay.

Blimey, glad Ive inspired you!

You gonna get new pickups for it like I did?

To complete the look of a black guitar, you need to get new black knobs, and a black pickguard. The sheraton's pickguard is a dark translucent red - what I did was just paint the back side of it in black with a brush - the brush marks are all on the other side, but the black shows through the translucent plastic, and it looks black!

Right now the pickguard is detached, Im thinking it mights look better this way.

• Members

my 360. when i found it, it was just the body. it was routed for humbuckers, stained a bright red, had a broken neck and half the headstock sawed off. all for $50 - perfect fodder for the woodshop.

i was able to do most repairs, put on a nitro (reranch) finish in "brownglo", and scronge enough parts to finish it. it is now pretty playable and very sweet sounding. i still might redo it again - maybe go to a more traditional "jetglo" (aka black) finish. perfect for hiding all the wood patches, cracks, and red stain which wouldn't come out of the grain.

frankenbacker.JPG

Archived