HCEG Jam#2

Alchemist

• Members

For those still interested, the link to Jam #1

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1360612&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Now here is this weeks jam. No rush for it, I know most people only have time to record on the weekend. I am starting my fall semester of university this week so I wont have time to tackle this until the weekend either. I'll probably keep this one up until next monday evening. So again, everyone have fun with this, make the clip any length you want, any style you want:)

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22075

:wave:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Prages

I just got the first one downloaded this morning.

I was planning on butchering it tonight or tomorrow morning. Now I'll have to download and butcher this one too.

Everything is moving so fast.
:(

Dont worry this one will be up until at least next monday evening. Plenty of time to butcher multiple songs:D

• Members

Originally posted by bgmacaw

My first impression of the track, What's David Coverdale doing this week?
:D

LOL:D

Well I liked this one because unlike the last Gilmour jam (which was awesome by the way). This doesnt really lead people on stylisticaly. You could pretty much go at this with a smooth jazz solo, all the way to some metal shred type stuff and it would still work.

• Members

Totally planned on doing something with this today.....then I burned the {censored} out of my fretting index finger at work (I'm {censored}ing stupid).... I'll probably be able to play by the weekend so I'll give it a go later.......looking forward to hearing everyones takes.

• Members

Damn, I'm on dial up at work so I can't listen to it yet. I'll DL it when I get home and try to do something with it tonight or thursday night. I'm gonna be too busy this weekend.

Edit: I got it now. Damn this is gonna be a nice one.

Now I need to record what I'm hearing in my head.

• Members

Originally posted by larryguitar

Well, here it is:

Meh.

Shortened both to save BloodyVelvet storage and (the truth) because I ran out of ideas....

Please feel free to offer any advice or criticisms; damn near everybody here could play rings around me, and I appreciate anything you might offer.

Larry

I liked that. It sounded pretty good.... plus the ending was cool:thu: The only thing I would change is I would mix the guitars a little louder, otherwise I enjoyed it.:)

• Members

Wow, frets, you really added structure and a theme, dude!

I had a hard time with this because it was so...I don't know....'open', I guess. No real stops and starts, sort of (like Alchemist said) a blank slate. Made it hard for me to play to.

But you managed to make a full-fledged SONG out of it-very, very kewl!

Well done!

Everybody else-jump in, the rock ballad's fine!!

Larry

Archived