Hey you - wanna see some NAMM Show stuff?

• Members

They sounded pretty good too - with the usually "its hard to make ANY judgments on a noisy trade show floor" caveats. But they sounded impressive enough over the cans that I'll probably try to take a closer listen at some point.

Looks like they're made in Nashville, according to their website. Maybe I'll try to look them up next time I'm up there to watch a hockey game. Or maybe not, depending on how much they cost. :D

• Members

Summer NAMM is usually in Nashville, isn't it? I think it used to ALWAYS be in Nashville at one point but I think they started moving around. I went to it in ... 2004, I think. Loads of fun. I was helping a guy I know show off his basses. Basically means I spent a couple of days in Nashville playing extremely cool basses and talking about them to whoever came by, then one of the other guys would play for a while and I'd go wander around and drool over all the neat stuff. :D Good times.

They've tried a few things with Summer NAMM over the years, and there have even been rumors of them ceasing the summer convention from time to time, but it's still going. It's in Nashville, but I THINK they tried one in Austin once. I dunno... I usually go to winter NAMM, but not summer. Same with AES - if it's on the west coast (LA or San Fran), and I can get away, I try to go... but it's usually too difficult for me to get away to New York or Europe.

I tried to cover as much as I could; with an emphasis on the types of things that recording and guitar / effects folks would find interesting - which hopefully makes sense, considering the forums I moderate. :)

This year, I actually started in Hall E (the basement / dungeon / innovation central / etc.) and worked my way up from there. I was trying to get shots of anything new (and cool) that caught my attention. There was a fair amount of new guitar related stuff, but less so with the recording gear. Some large companies, such a Avid, weren't really showing anything new, or had scaled back booths and displays. Others had some cool stuff though...

It's really hard to catch everything at NAMM - especially with only a couple hundred photos. My apologies if I missed something you wanted to see. :o But I do hope you enjoyed some of what I managed to get. :):wave:

• Members

Crud - I forgot about the bandwidth limitations. I'll U/L them somewhere else later - no time to do it this morning...

I'll have a look at the new stuff, but I couldn't read it earlier because it took really long to load and the photos were enormous and hard to see.

Archived