• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

Guilty pleasures:

The Troggs

The Turtles

Tommy James

How are any of these guilty pleasures, they are all first class rock groups! Those are one's to be proud of. Flo and Eddie were great pop song writers and The Troggs -- come on! But especially Tommy James -- one of the greatest ever imo!

Now if you said something like Herman's Hermits, I might have to bitch slap ya! :D

• Members

My most recent "guilty pleasure" indulgence was going out and buying a copy of the Go-Gos CD that has "We've Got the Beat" and "Our Lips Are Sealed".

I love that {censored}. Chick band at its finest. Them and the Bangles epitomize the term "chick band" to me.

• Members

Hmmm, well up until about 10 years ago, I was a died in the wool metalhead with big punk leanings.

I suppose "Guilty" pleasures might include Abba (great songs) , Slipknot, and a soft spot for traditional medieval music.

I also like fairgroundy type wurlitzer organ music, and any sounds produced by steam!

• Members

Originally posted by AndersonTech

Here is a recent photo of one of my first rock guitar influences.....

poster1.jpg

The moment I heard him play
Inside Looking Out
, I started getting the drift of what great electric guitar "tone" meant.

Man, that was a long time ago! I wonder if anyone here even remembers Mark, Don, and Mel?
:rolleyes:

BTW: Here's what he looked like back then.....

book_grace.jpg

In HS, I played in a bar band doing: Heartbreaker; Inside lookin' Out & Are You Ready?

Now here's a real blast from the past.....we played "Did You See Her Eyes?" by The Illusion.:D

Archived