Spencer,Base, what about another NEXT!

Shars

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dug it 'cuz it looked like Terry Gilliam. :D Only, if it truly were, my mouth would drop wide open and dancing onions would hop out or something.

Seclusion, Kim Mitchell's still gigging? Cool! I wonder if he ever gigs much south of the border....

• Members

Ahoy all, how's it going? Sorry I haven't been about much as of late, been in the process of moving from NYC to Atlanta, GA (where the fam is) to save money to finish up uni. So how's it going eh? Terry Gilliam's running over Sir Paul? What now? :p

• Members

Not Sir Paul by a wayyyy longshot...that's me. I posted a pic of me crossing Abbey Road when I was over visiting Base, Shars, and the rest of the Brit crew last year. Someone from one of the other forums animated it, a'la Terry Gilliam. Of course, I had a big larf.

• Members
Originally posted by Branwyn

Ahoy all, how's it going? Sorry I haven't been about much as of late, been in the process of moving from NYC to Atlanta, GA (where the fam is) to save money to finish up uni. So how's it going eh? Terry Gilliam's running over Sir Paul? What now?
:p

Didn't know that Bran, thought you were from NY! My little village is twinned or linked or something with Atlanta, Georgia's founder was born here. Useless fact for the day :D

• Members

Really? Neat! I'm sure I learned who that was back in my elementary school history classes, but damned if I remember now. :p

Where I'm from...complicated. I was born in New Jersey, bout 30 minutes outside of NYC, we (as in my family, not the royal We :p) moved to Georgia when I was about 10, then when I was 18 I moved to NYC, lived there til last week, was there a lil over 6 years. Now I'm back in Atlanta with the fam for 6 months, then I'm off to Newfoundland, where I can harass Spencer in person. :evil::D

• Members

Oglethorpe! There's a uni here named after him. What a funny name eh?

I don't want to sit still!!!! :p I don't do well with spending more than 4 years in one place. :D I might add that I plan on spending some time in Australia, Ireland, Scotland, and England at some point. :)

• Members

Why was it I thought it was this week coming that you were moving, and not last week? Am I losing all sense of time or what....

Glad to hear you made it alright, Amanda. Look for an e-mail soon.

As for myself, t'is been a strange coupla weeks. I haven't been terribly inspired to post here at HC (or much anywhere for that matter). I was sick for a while - finally got better. Doing a bit more work down to the GBS Studio: Scott's been so busy that Alan asked me in for a few nights :cool:

Mes parents paid a visit for a few days at the same time my brother was in town with his ship. It was a bit of a family reunion as it's rare for all 4 of us to be in the same place at the same time. Fun was had.

Got tricked out for the tux I'm to wear at bro's wedding later this summer - the style he picked out is hawt! :thu: Gotta keep in shape now that the measurements have been submitted....

Plus, some other news that I can't get into here (not yet, anyways). It's going to be an interesting summer!

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members
Originally posted by Spencer Crewe

Plus, some other news that I can't get into here (not yet, anyways). It's going to be an interesting summer!

Cheers!

Spencer

They finally set a date for that operation you been waiting for!!! Congratulations :thu:

So, have you reserved the nickname "Spensina" on the forums yet??

:D

• Members
Originally posted by Base

They finally set a date for that operation you been waiting for!!! Congratulations
:thu:

So, have you reserved the nickname "Spensina" on the forums yet??

:D

Ha ha ha!!

Asshole :D

Not quite....lots of construction: WAAAY more than I had initially realized regarding workspace.

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

Yes, you are losing all sense of time, space, and apparently male gender, according to Base. Good luck with that, Spensina. :p So, complications with workspace stuff? Everything gonna be ok?

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and got some time in with the fam, that's awesome that they all came to visit you in St. John's! Woot! :D Awful lot of activity happening down at the GBStudio, I hear...I'm looking forward to hearing whatever is going to come of it. :) Whoohoo on the tux for the wedding! :thu: They're better be pics of you all "tricked out"! (That is the weirdest expression I've ever heard in that context...) (if you're willing to share, of course)

Lookin' forward to yer email, buddy! :D

• Members

No vacation here. Just inordinately 'occupied' here at MUN, and finally finishing up mixing The Punter's new CD down to GBStudios. We should've finished last night, but scheduling screwed us up. And tonight's a no-go because myself and Alan are in doing some soundtrack work on an upcoming movie. Normally Scott would be on this one, but he's booked elsewherre. It should be fun - we've got McFarlane coming in to cut some drums! I haven't had Kris in the studio in a longtime, so I'm really looking forward to it. :thu:

See? No vacation for me, yet....

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

LOL G Geezer, I'm starting to wish I had a bit LESS "vacation" time...just moved out of state 2 weeks ago and I still haven't been able to find a job. :mad:

Sounds like you're up to your eyeballs as per usual, eh Spence? :p I didn't know Larry and Pat & company were releasing a new CD, that's awesome! I'll be looking forward to it. :) I remember Alan mentioning the soundtrack thing back in Boston, said he had to cut out right after the show to drive up to Montreal (which has to be at least 6 hours from Boston) for a meeting and then come back down for the next show. :freak: I wouldn't wish that schedule on anyone! I'm glad to hear it's coming along now though, and that Kris is coming up! :D I really enjoy him, he's such a cool guy. He stood outside the bus chatting with us for like an hour after the last Boston show, then we ran into he and Murray in a pub later and they came right up to us to say hey.

Anywho, I hope you guys have a blast at the studio tonight, sounds like it'll be some fun work! :thu: Drop me an email when you've got some time! :D

• Members

*yawns*

Oh my lord....

Long night, but a really fun one, too. :thu:

Did soundtrack work with Alan and Kris from 4 until 9:30-ish. BUT, at about 7 PM, Bob calls to the studio and asks if I can hang around and record some drum tracks with Kris on a couple of Shanneyganock tunes (yep, new one soon for them, as well).

So just after midnight I got home. It was worth it, though. Kris is a monster on drums - and virtually everything else for that matter. All hands had a blast - especially me. It felt just like old times. :thu:

Now, I require vast amounts of coffee. Maybe a nap :p

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

Good evening, nutjob. :p

Sounds like you guys had a blast, eh Spencer? :D I'm glad to hear you had such a good time! :thu: Kris really impressed the hell out of me this past tour, he really is a killer drummer. He would do this weird syncopated solo thing with the morse code in the tail end of "Ordinary Day" that just kicked my ass!

New Shanneyganock eh? Excellent! Man I gotta get an extra job just to keep up with all the music coming out of the GBStudio alone! :p Looking forward to it. :)

How have YOU been, man? Aside from working your arse off? :D

• Members

Oi, no posts for this long?! Yer kidding me! Where all y'all at? (that's my Atlanta-ness coming out :p)

Gettin' on alright, Blackpig, thank ye for asking. :) Still lookin' for a day job here. Had an interview to work a nearby pub...one of maybe 3 Irish pubs in the whole area. Spent most of it talking with the owner about traditional music. :D

And how're you gettin' on, eh?

Archived