Spencer,Base, what about another NEXT!

Shars

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm good! You? I've been making good use of my new AVID skills recently. There's some projects in need of transferring/archiving to DVD. Only a couple of tapes left to go. Hopefully I'll have them done by the end o' the week.

...and no puffy pants.... I implore you.

MC HAMMER MUST DIE!! :p:D

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

Ginormous puffy MC Hammer pants filled with mustard and Guinness. :evil: That will be your Christmas present. :freak: But ssssshhhh, don't tell yourself, it's a secret. :p

I'm aight. Organizing stuff for the move and practicing for the Great Big Pre-Show Jam in Boston this weekend, hoping we don't musically massacre anything too much in our fun. :p

How's the AVID massacring (massacreing? what the hell is the proper spelling of that?) coming along? :p

• Members

How about "mangling"? Not only is it easier to spell, it's probably a tad more accurate.... :thu:

Naw, it is going well. I guess I needed someone to physically show me what the manual was telling me to get it straight in my head. Beforehand, I could function, but with great duress and inefficient wasting of time. Now, I'm just marginally more efficient in terms of workflow. I like!

GEEZER!! What up, dawg!!

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

Heya, G Geezer! :wave:

Good to hear the mangling's coming along, Spence. :p I know what you mean about the physical demonstration sort of thing, I'm really visual. Whenever I'm learning something new that takes any significant amount of left-brainedness, it usually takes me 4 steps...I read it, have to be shown it, write it down, and try it myself for practice. :freak:

Yeah. Math and Science classes were a real party for me back in high school. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, lessee,

I'm working today and tomorrow. Tomorrow night, however, my duo "Fibber McGee" (which consists of a young gal named Molly on vocals and this old geezer on geetar and vocals) has a gig at Blayney's Upstairs in the Westport "party district" of Kansas City.

We'll see how it turns out. As of this moment, I'm looking forward to it.

Then I'm off for a week. :thu:

• Members
:D

Much more awake (read: caffinated) now. Despite some serious cobwebs, I've managed to get a good amount achieved this morning.

As for my weekend: that depends. If it's nice, riding. If it's not, sleeping. If I get sick of riding/sleeping, there's shelves for the bathroom that need more stain and eventually, to be polyurathaned. If all else fails, I'll just chill on da couch and watch a coupla DVDs that I've been meaning to watch.

Nice and exciting, no?

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

Did you have to shout Base! Heard you from Essex! :D

Hows everyone, long time no speak.
Been busy so haven't had the time to chat let alone do anything else but will make an effort to stop by once in a while.
So tell me, whats been happening here on Next?
Spencer behaving himself, Ted being funny still (luv yah Ted) hows Branwyn doing, Chris, you there anywhere? where is everyone and hows things?
IM me if you want and tell me your news...any sign of the Wewus lurking anywhere? Blcakpig, you still alive... dam lots to catch up on

Sharsy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :thu:

• Members

get out of here and try NOT to think of Landscape/Irrigation designs...I'm doing them in my sleep:freak:

Probaly take the wife out somewhere, she's getting a case of cabin fever since she broke her leg, may hobble to a real Movie or something, they have these new cinemas that serve food and drinks, may try that out.

• Members

Liar. :p

Hey Shars! Good to see you! :wave: How goes it with you? :D

*yaaaaaaawn* Just rolled out of bed. I like having the day off. :)

My weekend...tomorrow, my bodhran, my guitar, my bouzouki, and I are all off on ye olde Greyhound bus to Boston for the weekend. How I'm carrying all of these instruments and my stuff is another story. Anywho, I'll be meeting up with a bunch of other folks for a big ol' jam of Newfoundland folk music outside in a lovely park, then going to a Great Big Sea concert. :D Should be an awesome time!

Base, you got anything exciting planned? P.S. What does "bank holiday" mean?

• Members

I don't know what you'd call a bank holiday, it's just a day off for the country, of which England gets pitifully few!!!! But we get 2 in May :thu:

I'll probably be spending the whole time looking at venues. The same kind Spence is probably looking at (or going to be soon) ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Base

I'll probably be spending the whole time looking at venues. The same kind Spence is probably looking at (or going to be soon)
;)

Upcoming nuptuals, Base?! Did you state that already? Am I losing my edge?

I apologize if I missed that announcement... Congrats, btw!

Oh, Ms. "I-got-a-day-off-so-I-get-to-sleep-in".... rub it in why don'tchya... :mad::D

Have fun at the show!

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

Thanks :) No, you didn't miss anything, I just didn't tell anyone (since despite it being happy news it seems to trigger bad news from anyone we tell?!?! But that seems to have passed so you should be safe :D)...

Anyway, 15 minutes and counting til the long weekend (and someone has decided to play some really bad teenybopper music in the office, leave me in peace damnit!!!!! :mad:

Have a great weekend everyone...!

• Members

Good heavens! Are Jason and Sally going to tie...oops, have to do it in the Queen's English... "Tye Ye Olde Knotte"? (like Elizabeth the First's English).

Congratulations, and jolly good show, mate! Give my regards to that lovely lady of yours!

And speaking of lovely ladies, Hi SHARS!!!

• Members

Tonight I play in Cushen's bar in the sprawling metropolis of Tagoat! Sunday I thread the hallowed boards of Culleton's of Kilrane! Today a nice man from U.P.S. brought me a sitar! The only thing left to do is buy more patchouli oil. The sitar needs a hell of a lot of setting up to make it playable - it took an hour to tune. Far out man...

:wave:

• Members

Did I hear that Base aka Jason is getting married??? what have I missed since I've been away? CONGRATULATIONS Base!

Good to see you Spence is behaving...well hope he is not lying to me an Ted, you smotthy you, mssed you buddy! How the hell are you? Hows the lovely Debs?
Bran, girl, hows all that red hair doing?
Its good to be back amongst friends :thu: :thu:

• Members

Echo...

Change it. :D

Blackpig...(Indian accent) I am sitting here burning sandalwood incense, wearing my Nehru jacket in anticipation of hearing a well tuned sitar!. You can learn to play "While My Sitar Gently Weeps"...Raga Roll, man!

Shars... (((((HUGGGGGGG))))) Deb isn't doing too well. Depression. A lot of factors. not the least of which was our daughter's move to L.A. Things are a bit difficult here, but, we're coping.

Got a gig tonight in Westport (Kansas City's par-tay area)...!!!

Archived