Shars

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(Redneck "FREEBIRD" voice from the back of the bar):

"WITHIN YOU WITHOUT YOU!!!"

:D

BTW...How exactly does one tune a sitar? I'm assuming the drone strings are tuned to maybe a 1st and a 5th...but other than that, I have no clue...

(Smell of sandalwood incense)...

• Members

Me bloody fingers are like pancakes. This thing has a bloody high action. Like 20mm at the 20th fret. I might shave a couple of cm off the feet of the bridge. If I make a balls of it I can always shim it. There are only a few Indians in my town and I doubt if any of them play so I'm on my own. I figured out Norwegian Wood on it the other night.:cool:

• Members

Oh shut up. I had to play the Lonesome {censored}ing Boatman for some {censored}head last night. If I hear that bloody tune one more time...

There's no fear of some halfwit asking me to play that on a sitar.

Is there?

:eek:

• Members

Hi Shars! :wave: My hair's doing fine, thank ye for asking. How're you? :D

Base is getting married? Well I guessed I missed that one too, congrats!!! :thu:

Tedster, sorry to hear about Debs. I hope she feels better soon. *sends good mojo*

Blackpig, so when do we get to hear Wild Rover on sitar? :evil: Seriously, I think that the fact you got a sitar is AMAZINGLY cool! :thu: No matter how many times I see one of those things, I still can't make neither heads nor tails of how they even work. Like, the 5 gigantic tuners on the head and the bazillion tuners down the neck....huh??? I love the sound of them though! :)

So how was everyone's weekend? I spent mine in Boston (a damn fine city, btw), and had the good fortune of getting to spend a few minutes jamming with one of my favorite musicians prior to the concert I was going to. Some friends and I were jamming in the park behind the venue, and he just strolled on over and asked my about my bouzouki. I handed it to him to try out, he started to play, I grabbed my bodhran and played along, and I near about peed m'self. :p Coolest 10 minutes of my life so far. :cool:

• Members

LOL, I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to comment on that. I think that was said shortly before McCann offered to wax his ass, and promptly launched into an improvised, rewritten version of that old reggae song "Day-O"..."come Mr. Alan Doyle show me your banana/dey like come and dey wah go home". I have never seen anyone turn that shade of red before. :p Interesting show. :D

• Members

Has anyone else heard the rumour going around that Quentin Tarantino was up for directing a Jimi Hedrix biopic?!?!? :freak:

It's since been debunked, but could there possibly BE a worse choice???

Then again, the thought of Samuel L. Jackson playing Jimi does have a certain appeal...

'Hand me my strat. It's the one that says 'Bad Motherf*&ker''

And the huge $50,000,000 explosion set piece at the end when Jimi blows his guitar to kingdom come on the stage at Monterey....!

• Members
Originally posted by Base

Has anyone else heard the rumour going around that Quentin Tarantino was up for directing a Jimi Hedrix biopic?!?!?
:freak:

It's since been debunked, but could there possibly BE a worse choice???

Then again, the thought of Samuel L. Jackson playing Jimi does have a certain appeal...

'Hand me my strat. It's the one that says 'Bad Motherf*&ker''

And the huge $50,000,000 explosion set piece at the end when Jimi blows his guitar to kingdom come on the stage at Monterey....!

I'd go to the Budget Matinee to see it.........

bit I also liked "The Doors" :rolleyes:

• Members

That would be freaking awesome. :D And then I'm sure next time I'm in St. John's, I'd get Spencer doing the impression of David Chappelle impersonating Samuel L. Jackson playing Jimi Hendrix. :p Now THAT would be f%$king hilarious. :)

Speaking of which, I just called MUN (that's the uni I'm going to in Newfoundland, for those that have no idea what the hell I'm talking about) to tell them to change my mailing address. Dude that answered the phone had the awesomest accent ever, made me "homesick". Spence, would you mind just giving me a buzz and reading the Tim Horton's menu or something? Or doing Dave Chappelle>Samuel L. Jackson>Jimi Hendrix impressions. :p

• Members

Capital idea, Base...

I've been feeling head-cold-ish for a few days now. I'm not a fan. Sore throats affect my ears unpleasantly. So far, I've been keeping it at bay enough to not miss any work, but in all honesty - a bed would rawk right about now. Not very motivated to acheive anything.

It doesn't help that I have TWO weddings to attend to this weekend...one tonight about 1:45 hours outside of St. John's (staying in a hotel), and the next tomorrow in which my fiance is the one who decorated the cake.

At some point, I'm supposed to be recording a theatrical show...not sure which performance, though. I should be finding out this morning. An easy set-up....nothing spectacular. Should be good for a laugh.

Coffee is my friend, but I need more than a friend this morning ;)

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

*hands out cups of tea*

Awww, poor Spencer and Base! It's all my fault, I'm actually just getting over bronchitis AND pinkeye (at the same time no less). You two must've caught the evil germs from me. (miles of ocean notwithstanding :p)

TWO weddings in one weekend Spence?! Lord! I am not looking forward to that part of the latter half of my twenties and early thirties...it's already starting...when everyone you've ever known and their freaking dog start to married. Well, at least I know in advance with you. I'll start saving for a gift for you and J. now. :p So you're recording a theatrical show eh? *perks up* Awesome! What show??

So have either of you two sickies been to the doc's yet? Take care of yourselves!!!!

• Members

No. You're too far away. You can marry Blackpig. Spencer is actually marrying Tedster. Tedster, you're going to have to start working on the Canadian immigration paperwork, since us 'muricans don't allow them thar funny marriages. May you call live happily ever after. :freak::p

Base, you can just sell whatever's leftover. The street value of penicillin is through the roof, I hear. :eek:

Archived