I have a sudden urge to get a Strat

fanuvbrak

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That happened to me a year or so ago. I've never been interested in a strat, then decided to get one just for the variety. I play it more than anything now when I'm just sitting around the house. It's not my go to guitar, but I keep it tuned to E flat (as opposed to E) so I can sneak it into live sets.

• Members

I also didn't like strats a couple of years ago, but then i realized that many strat players have great tone that I liked. So I began looking for strats, and I bought my first one a year ago and I love it, one of my best buys ever!

• Members

Originally posted by fanuvbrak

Strats have never really done anything for me. I mean, they're neat and everything, but I never wanted one.

Now, I've been thinking about them a lot.

Is there some kind of club I get in if I buy one?

If you've been using humbuckers, it might sound a bit thinner than them.

• Members

It's impossible not be attracted to the Strat. I wasn't attracted for years, but it finally got me. The Strat is iconic. If you play guitar, at some point, you must go through a Strat period. Whether or not, you will stay a Strat player is something only time will tell, but one must spend time with one of the Holy Grails of guitar.

• Members

Steve,

I think every serious electric player should own at least one Strat.

Jimi said, "That's alright I still got my guitar" then proceeded to wail on a Strat. Stevie said, "It's about to drive poor Stevie Ray insane" then proceeded to wail on a Strat. Dick Dale said "Arf! Arf!" then proceeded to wail on a Strat.

Yes, owning a Strat should be one of the first steps toward manhood, a right of passage. And a Strat would look so good next to your T-60.

:wave:

~Blackbelt

• Members

Originally posted by fanuvbrak

Strats have never really done anything for me. I mean, they're neat and everything, but I never wanted one.

Now, I've been thinking about them a lot.

Is there some kind of club I get in if I buy one?

If you get a Peavey Predator all the kids over at the T-60 forum will love you all the more!

346674630_73943d5d2d.jpg

And you'll also have spent considerably less than what you'd pay for a Fender.

Squier price with Fender (MIM at least) quality, hard to go wrong.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Blackbelt1

Steve,

Yes, owning a Strat should be one of the first steps toward manhood, a right of passage. And a Strat would look so good next to your T-60.

:wave:

~Blackbelt

Haha, I dunno about manhood, but as far as your second comment goes, I guess great minds think alike.

Btw, is it your birthday? I thought I read that somewhere. If so, feliz cumpleanos! (If not, just consider it another of my flashback episodes.)

BK

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Btw, is it your birthday? I thought I read that somewhere. If so, feliz cumpleanos! (If not, just consider it another of my flashback episodes.)

BK

Nope, it's not my birthday - but if we hit a restaurant together feel free to tell them it is. I could always use the goofy staff song and dance routine, and of course the free dessert.

:idea:

~Blackbelt

Archived