You can purchase the new "vintage modified" line of squiers here

Cooley

• Members

Iwas hopin$250 at most ... damn.

Yeah, I was really hoping it would land in the $200-$250 range too. I wouldnt have given any thought at $200 and some thought at $250. $300 puts it up against too many other great guitars. I like the configuration on paper though.

I was thinking get one of these and keep my traditional tele as is. At that price, I may keep looking for a nice used G & L and modify my current tele. I will likely wait and play one of these Squiers first.

• Members

I think $299 is a fair price if this is a good guitar. That means the neck must be nice, and not have sharp frets ends, like the '51. I have owned two Squier Tele Customs, and for $200 they were really very good values. I like the neck radius on this new one better though. And I love this pup combination, who knows, they might even be decent pups. Heck people buy Gibsons, like the SG SPecial with the thoughts of changing the pups right away, so this isn't any different. I like the white, but I think Squier is being way too conservative with their color choices. I painted one of my Customs an Aqua blue, and it looks so much more "vintage" like. Black is the only choice it came in, kinda depressing. Otherwise, I think this Squier could be a good guitar at a decent price.

• Members

I think $299 is a fair price if this is a good guitar. That means the neck must be nice, and not have sharp frets ends, like the '51. I have owned two Squier Tele Customs, and for $200 they were really very good values. I like the neck radius on this new one better though. And I love this pup combination, who knows, they might even be decent pups. Heck people buy Gibsons, like the SG SPecial with the thoughts of changing the pups right away, so this isn't any different. I like the white, but I think Squier is being way too conservative with their color choices. I painted one of my Customs an Aqua blue, and it looks so much more "vintage" like. Black is the only choice it came in, kinda depressing. Otherwise, I think this Squier could be a good guitar at a decent price.

I agree, Squier colors leave something to be desired. Mostly black and whites, with the occasional sunburst.

Their blues and reds are kind of cheapy metallic looking as well.

But luckily, I like white guitars. :thu:

• Members

I agree, Squier colors leave something to be desired. Mostly black and whites, with the occasional sunburst.

Their blues and reds are kind of cheapy metallic looking as well.

But luckily, I like white guitars.
:thu:

I Like white too, especially a creamy kind of vintage white. But these teles would rock with some surf type colors, really something to set them off. Two color choices - seems low budget to me. Build it, and they will come.

• Members

Resting against a mic stand just within earshot so as not to disturb her quarry, famed field anthropologist Mary Kay Gibson scribbles excitedly into her notebook:

My word but this is exciting! After years of speculation, I've finally observed it firsthand: it seems that the pricepoint at which
Homo cheapskaticus electricus
begins to exhibit its well- known and spectacular tyre- kicking behaviour is precisely two hundred ninety- nine American dollars. The debate would appear to be at an end.

• Members

Heh. Yeah, I'm doing the same thing myself so it's not a dig on anybody... it's just funny to see it drawn out so clearly.

$250 = no questions asked

$300 = Whoah! Now hold on just a dang minute there, JD!

Just for clarification, it was $200 no question. :D

• Members
Think we would be able to put a standard SC in one of the positions?

I'm kinda new to electric and haven't ever modded one.

Yeah, you should be able to replace either one of the stacked pickups with a single coil no problem. If you wanted to put a single where the minibucker goes, you'd have to (or at least you'd really, really want to) replace the pickguard as well.At least I'd be pretty surprised if the stacks were offsize in some kind of way that mattered.

• Members

Sam Ash seems to be a bit more expensive than other online retailers.

I'm wondering if these won't be cheaper when they're finally available through Musiciansfriend, etc.

Well, Musician,com com has them, which is just another MF site, and they're 299.oo there, so....... But maybe once they are actually out, and a lot of places have them, maybe someone will have them a little lower, but I wouldn't be betting on much lower (hoping, but not betting).

Archived