Another US fake LP... accompanied by a heartwarming story.

madgrinder7

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It isn't just the one either, check out his other 'beauties'

http://cgi.ebay.com/NR-Gibson-Les-Paul-Alpine-White-Never-Played-Must-Sell_W0QQitemZ250028020077

http://cgi.ebay.com/NR-Gibson-Les-Paul-Cherry-Sunburst-Never-Played_W0QQitemZ250028057368

He's also selling a Gretsch, I don't know enough about them to comment on whether it's real or not, but even so would you really bid on an item from this prick?. :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Ebsy

IHe's also selling a Gretsch, I don't know enough about them to comment on whether it's real or not, but even so would you really bid on an item from this prick?.
:rolleyes:

The Gretsch looks legit but it looks like he got taken by 3 fakes and is now trying to get his money back out of them.

• Members

Originally posted by bgmacaw

The Gretsch looks legit but it looks like he got taken by 3 fakes and is now trying to get his money back out of them.

I gotta' say, the 'from what I understand, these are custom and unique' bit seems a bit thin-do you really think he bought THREE fake Gibbos and doesn't know they're counterfeit?

Larry

• Members
Originally posted by larryguitar

I gotta' say, the 'from what I understand, these are custom and unique' bit seems a bit thin-do you really think he bought THREE fake Gibbos and doesn't know they're counterfeit?

He knows now but he might have been fooled at first thinking he was getting a great eBay deal, 3 Gibson LP's for the price of one. :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Fade2Grey

Don't generalize asians...
:mad:

I don't think he meant racial asians. I think he meant people (of any ethnicity) currently operating out of Asia.

Many fine things are made in asia. But there have also been many documented pirate fakes -- copies of brand name products with packaging, logos and labels that duplicate the appearance of branded items.

OTOH, these LP's are said to be located in the U.S. I agree that generalizations about regions are often wrong.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

I don't think he meant racial asians. I think he meant people (of any ethnicity) currently operating out of Asia.

No, I don't think so. You'd have to be an idiot to phrase something like that in that manner if you didn't mean it as a racial attack.

• Members
Originally posted by LordLove

No, I don't think so. You'd have to be an idiot to phrase something like that in that manner if you didn't mean it as a racial attack.

At this juncture I can start of a rant about how Americans are all typical, stupid and typically stupid; and about how Americans think the world revolves around them. AND THEN later try to explain later that i only meant to target those few misguided people from USA. :p

*sense the sarcasm* :rolleyes:

But that will start a flame war... so screw that....

However, I'm inclined to agree with Lordlove... :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by LordLove

so... what you're saying is that it's possible this mess wasn't started by someone from Asia?

"{censored}ing Asians" is an apt assesment.

"All {censored}ing Asians" would have been a generalization.

All IMO. but jesus, don't be so thin skinned. and yes, I am asian.

• Members

Originally posted by avandesande

these guys would be dangerous if they figure out to buy the correct truss rod cover for 5$.

They can't. The way the truss rod is installed (epiphone style) means there's no wood in the middle for the correct cover to screw onto.

They'll find a workaround though. Only a matter of time.

Archived