METALLICA's NEW GUITARS

Johansolo

• Members

Oh well I havent considered Metallica relevant for almost 15 years now anyways. I gave up on them after the Black Album.
:bor:
:bor:

So, you've missed some great tunes. And the whole S&M. I think that Hetfield's voice is like a good wine -- the older, the better. Maybe to a certain point. But his voice on S&M kicked ass. And I'm no metal fan nowadays.

Anyway, the guitar is damn fugly.

• Members

Oh my god. I saw those photos, called my housemate in to have a look at the most amusing photoshop job one of you clever fellows had done and then proceeded to read the rest of the post :freak:

Well... silly me indeed.

I avoided Metllica (Some Kind of Monster DVD is a favourite of mine) for many years just because, I probably don't need to explain. But started listening to some of their stuff after starting on the guitar.

Yeah I can't stomach much of it, though I haven't given all of it much of a chance and probably bought a few random albums of theirs that didn't help. Still, the album Master of Puppets is a fun listen and you can hear the influence from that in ALOT of metal bands that followed (Well, I think I can anyway). Black Album is probably more influential but it just kind of irritates me *shrug*

- Ged

P.S.

+1

It's Gumby Dammit.

200px-Gumby_pokey.JPG

I also thought that Gumby was playing a Parker Fly for a second. But he always was ahead of his time.

- Ged (Again)

• Members

This is a double post. The amp forum's thread has more info. Apparantly they are made by the guitar tech, and James is just playing the guitar to try it out...it's not actually his. It sounds like the "red" one is Kirk's and he asked for it.

Bingo :)

Thanks to teh internets and metallica "fans" (:p) my bandwidth on photobucket is totally used up :D I posted the photos quite some time ago and most simply are using them as more reason to fuel some rather interesting metallica appreciation of sorts, haha.

Here's the deal again. James' tech (as seen in the pix) is heavily into 50s stuff, hot rods, etc and while not on tour with metallica or other bands, he does build guitars as seen above. He does not/won't build copies of existing designs, just this model so far.

The guitar you see James playing is the proto and James was simply playing it during rehearsals, nothing more. The one Kirk is using was made FOR him but I dunno if Kirk asked for it or not.

Archived