METALLICA's NEW GUITARS

Johansolo

• Members

Yeah seen that a few weeks ago. Dubbed the Gumby guitar. I kinda like it but because Metallica is using it I guarantee the price is through the roof.

Whats more disturbing is the shot of Krank amps being used in one of those photos. Oh well I havent considered Metallica relevant for almost 15 years now anyways. I gave up on them after the Black Album. :bor: :bor:

• Members

Yeah seen that a few weeks ago. Dubbed the Gumby guitar. I kinda like it but because Metallica is using it I guarantee the price is through the roof.

Whats more disturbing is the shot of Krank amps being used in one of those photos. Oh well I havent considered Metallica relevant for almost 15 years now anyways. I gave up on them after the Black Album.
:bor:

Agreed

• Members

good lord that thing is ulgy. Metallica needs to stick w/ what they know. They are a kickass band but st. anger was a pathetic attempt at an album. Grow your hair back out, rock the black metal guitars, and make kick ass albums again. They are total sell outs.

• Members

Whats more disturbing is the shot of Krank amps being used in one of those photos. Oh well I havent considered Metallica relevant for almost 15 years now anyways. I gave up on them after the Black Album.

me too:thu:

• Members

I guess they figure if they're going to make music that has no staying power, they might as well play guitars that are just as forgettable. RIP Metallica, your coffins have been waiting for about 10 years now fellas =(

side note: I didn't see Kirk's model.. Is he still on guitar or did they move him to tambourine full time? Clearly his guitar skills are no longer needed, since he didn't play on the last album...

• Members

good lord that thing is ulgy. Metallica needs to stick w/ what they know. They are a kickass band but st. anger was a pathetic attempt at an album. Grow your hair back out, rock the black metal guitars, and make kick ass albums again. They are total sell outs.

Metallica need to retire because they can't fake the urgency and drive of their old material. All the long hair in the world won't change that.

• Members

james needs to cut the beard and let his hair grow out wild again his current 'do makes him look all country (and anything country screams wannabe by definition)

however i dont think the new album will be all that bad, i think they've learned from their mistakes and im hoping for something similar in style to the black album. they're also still a good band as a live act, their recent shows are still full of energy (especially with trujillo, I think he's really powerful live/underrated).

• Members

This is a double post. The amp forum's thread has more info. Apparantly they are made by the guitar tech, and James is just playing the guitar to try it out...it's not actually his. It sounds like the "red" one is Kirk's and he asked for it.

Archived