NGD - Fernandes Tele

FUBTAG

• Members

Woo hoo!

Here's the pic from the ebay auction

Fernandes1.jpg

It was waiting for me at home. I took it out of the box (came with a soft case) and into my car to practice... and it rocked! slap a new set of strings on it an it will be great. It's definitely a keeper. More pics to come.

OH YEAH -- and it also qualifies as a New CHEAP Guitar Day... at least I think so.. $150 shipped.

• Members

Woo hoo!

Here's the pic from the ebay auction

Fernandes1.jpg

It was waiting for me at home. I took it out of the box (came with a soft case) and into my car to practice... and it rocked! slap a new set of strings on it an it will be great. It's definitely a keeper. More pics to come.

OH YEAH -- and it also qualifies as a New CHEAP Guitar Day... at least I think so.. $150 shipped.

I want one of those SOOOO bad. I'll start watching for one on eBay. Is there a model name/number I can search for other than Fernandes Tele?

Contrats man!

• Members

I want one of those SOOOO bad. I'll start watching for one on eBay. Is there a model name/number I can search for other than Fernandes Tele?

Contrats man!

I was looking for a Peavey tele-type at first.. but then came across this. I lucked out finding this one. I used to have a Fernandes when I was younger (one of the pre-lawsuit ones) and I missed it. This feels just as nice!

In terms of looking -- there is no special name or anything. I am told the serial number means little as well.

• Members

Thanks man..... It says it's made in Taiwan.

I've had two Taiwanese guitars, both Yamahas. The electric (AES 500) was nice but the pups were a tad microphonic. The acoustic is a beater 70's 12-string that sounds like God. I've played it in church, un-mic'd, and could still be heard playing with a band going through a PA!

BK

• Members
I've had two Taiwanese guitars, both Yamahas. The electric (AES 500) was nice but the pups were a tad microphonic. The acoustic is a beater 70's 12-string that sounds like God. I've played it in church, un-mic'd, and could still be heard playing with a band going through a PA!

BK

that's because you were doing a punk rock number, you silly! :D

Congrats on the purchase to the original poster.

• Members

BK

as posted -- I took it right to practice .. played through a Crate Club Classic .. and it sounded amazingly good. No issues, no 'hot spots', hell.. it's even wonderfully grounded!!!!

• Members

Congrats! Heck of a price, too!

Weird story here --

I bid on the guitar - was outbid - received 2nd chance offer - counter offered with what I was willing to pay and it was accepted - and then received this..... and I NEVER respond to 2nd chance offers. The last 3 guitars I bought have been hugely pleasant surprises!!!!

Does anyone treat their rosewood fretboards? I want to clean the whole guitar, and the fretboard is first!! (you never know who picked their nose and then played the guitar)

• Members
That looks gorgeous!! My Fernandes is a gigworthy monster! And it only cost $150!!

Congrats on a great deal!

Oh and clean the damn snot off of it!!
:p

Cleaned sir!

Thanks... yeah I was pretty pumped about gettin' it for $150. Not going to change ONE THING on this axe. The neck is to die for... and I didn't even like rosewood before this..... but NOW I do :thu:

Archived