Show me your telecasters!

SpectorDave

• Members

What model is that? It looks great!! Im quite keen on the idea of having a humbucker in the neck.

Thanks, it's a Fender Tex-Mex. They were made in the late 90's, MIM. Similar more expensive versions were the California Series Fat Tele (cut and shaped in US, painted in Mexico, then completed in US), and at the top of that heap, the American Fat Tele. Sfaik, all 3 had 5-way switching with the neck HB being coil-splittable. So you can get these combos: neck only as HB, neck only as single, neck as HB+bridge, neck as single+bridge, and bridge only.

Very versatile.

Good luck in your quest!

• Members
I like the Bigsby on the second Tele from the left, but it looks like its had the bejeesus played out of it!
:eek:

Yea, it's had a hard life. The finish was stripped when I installed the P-90 last year. It's pretty dinged up, but it did two world tours onboard the USS Benfold in a Gig Bag and was my only guitar for years. I was actually going to refinish it, but I'm digging the way it looks right now. It plays amazing and holds tune insanely good for how cheap the tuners are. Alder + P-90 = :)

Archived