Wilkinson EZ lock tuners

Pavel

• Members

10mm = 13/32"

which is the gotoh/grover sized hole.

25/64 might work, i'm not sure. it'd be a pretty tight fit. 13/32" would work for sure though, and even if it's a bit big, the tuners held in place by a screw and the washer under the nut on top will cover the hole.

• Members

10mm = 13/32"

which is the gotoh/grover sized hole.

According to the Warmoth site, the Planet Waves hole is also 13/32, except that it is that diameter throughout the hole, while the gotoh/grover narrows to 11/32.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=tuners

Should I order the neck with gotoh/grover dimensions, or the planet waves? :confused:

• Members

Are those Wilkinsons available lefty? I'd like to use them on a project, but not been able to find anywhere that sells them left handed. They obiviously make them, because they fit them to the left handed Strat-type guitars in the Vintage range, but I've not been able to find them as after-market bits...

• Members

Are those Wilkinsons available lefty? I'd like to use them on a project, but not been able to find anywhere that sells them left handed. They obiviously make them, because they fit them to the left handed Strat-type guitars in the Vintage range, but I've not been able to find them as after-market bits...

Could you buy two sets of 3x3's? I don't know if it's the same, but if it works you could sell the other half as a righty 6-in-line, you'd probably take a loss, but they're pretty cheap.

• Members

So, has anyone ever bought a Warmoth neck and put the EZ-Loks on it? If so, what diameter where the holes drilled for?

Actually, I have a set of those EZ-Loks. And, I just ordered a Warmoth neck. The tuner holes are 11/32. When I receive the neck, I will try the EZ-Loks to see if they will fit. I will include that information in my initial review when I try out the neck.

• Members

I have a set of those - had to open the holes up in the strat neck I put them on because it came with vintage tuners.

BTW a tip. If I strung straight through the hole I found that I kept breaking strings if I slacked off the tension. Putting half a turn of wrap stopped that. They're great tuners and very stable.

• Members

So, has anyone ever bought a Warmoth neck and put the EZ-Loks on it? If so, what diameter where the holes drilled for?

The EZ lock Klusons fit in the same hole as a Kluson (strangely)...

If you want a set of 6-on-a-plate EZ Locks, I can sell you a set cheap.

• Members

Actually, I have a set of those EZ-Loks. And, I just ordered a Warmoth neck. The tuner holes are 11/32. When I receive the neck, I will try the EZ-Loks to see if they will fit. I will include that information in my initial review when I try out the neck.

Hey, thanks!

What kind of EZ-Loks do you have? The circular ones like those sold at Guitarfetish, or the more Kluson looking ones?

• Members

Sorry, I just spilled a cup off coffee on my keyboard...bright huh??

A friend at work bought the Wilkinson's for his Fender strat...he didn't like them.

So he sold them to me for $5....they are the E-Z lock....and they work fine for me??

Steve

Archived