The perfect guitar for all you Brian Setzer fans...

woodsmandan

• Members

Ok, I love Setzer's playing as much as anybody and all, but can this be real ???

Well it looks like a decent player, but weather or not it is WORTH what they ask is up to whoever buys it.

• Members

Well it looks like a decent player, but weather or not it is WORTH what they ask is up to whoever buys it.

I would understand that kind of money being shed for the original thing, but for a TRIBUTE guitar ? I just don't get that...

• Members

I would understand that kind of money being shed for the original thing, but for a TRIBUTE guitar ? I just don't get that...

Well like I said it is up to whoever decides to put down that kind of money on it....but I can say it WON'T be ME!

• Members

buy a $600 electro and relic it yourself. or just play the damn thing. relics are stupid. paying extra money to have someone beat up your guitar is stupid no matter who's guitar you're trying to emulate. i think the guitar is hot but since i know it's not "real" it looses a lot of it's appeal to me. same thing goes for the andy summers tele and and any clapton tribute. play your on guitar.

• Members

Very pretty, but out of my league. I can see that being a real future collectible among the Gretsch set, bearing in mind there's only going to be 59 of them...... maybe if i had the sort of money that that would be doable as an impulse buy I'd be all over one as a in-the-bank-vault investment..... as a player, I'd probably rather a couple of the regular Setzer sig and Hot Rod sig models. Alas, given that Gretsch are even more ludicrously priced than Gibsons here in the UK (a regular 6120 is approaching GBP2,500 last I checked), that's never going to happen. Shame - I adore the Gretsch aesthetic, but totally out of my league. I've been well impressed with their cheaper offerings, though unfortunately as they don't do any lefties in that range, I'm SOL. Looks like I'm gonig to have to wait for Tokai or get real rich befored I can have me some 6120 style lovin'.... :cry:

• Members

buy a $600 electro and relic it yourself. or just play the damn thing. relics are stupid. paying extra money to have someone beat up your guitar is stupid no matter who's guitar you're trying to emulate. i think the guitar is hot but since i know it's not "real" it looses a lot of it's appeal to me. same thing goes for the andy summers tele and and any clapton tribute. play your on guitar.

+1

A G5120 Electrmatic is on my list for later this year, and I can ding and scratch my own guitar, thank you very much...

• Members

+1

A G5120 Electrmatic is on my list for later this year, and I can ding and scratch my own guitar, thank you very much...

that's what i have. badass guitar. i find myself being overly protective of it because it makes me think it's a more expensive machine than it is. i couldn't live without it now. one day it will look like that setzer above but it won't be intentional, it'll be natural and that makes all the difference.

• Members
that's what i have. badass guitar. i find myself being overly protective of it because it makes me think it's a more expensive machine than it is. i couldn't live without it now. one day it will look like that setzer above but it won't be intentional, it'll be natural and that makes all the difference.

Would you mind to share a few pics of your G5120 ? :o

• Members
Alas, given that Gretsch are even more ludicrously priced than Gibsons here in the UK (a regular 6120 is approaching GBP2,500 last I checked), that's never going to happen.
:cry:

I just checked a random, usually cheap, website (Thomann), and I'd say the Gretsch are actually cheaper than Gibsons:

• Members
that's what i have. badass guitar. i find myself being overly protective of it because it makes me think it's a more expensive machine than it is. i couldn't live without it now. one day it will look like that setzer above but it won't be intentional, it'll be natural and that makes all the difference.[/QUOTE]

One day 3,000 years from now when the poly finish might start to degrade;)

On a serious note, from a player's (not collector's) perspective, one could easily buy a few nice vintage Gretsch's for the price of just one Brian Setzer tribute. The price of that guitar is just stupid:mad:

• Members

On a serious note, from a player's (not collector's) perspective, one could easily buy a few nice vintage Gretsch's for the price of just one Brian Setzer tribute. The price of that guitar is just stupid:mad:

I think those stickers must be extremely rare.

Archived