The perfect guitar for all you Brian Setzer fans...

woodsmandan

• Members

Vander.... gorgeous guitar.... I'd have me at least one of those already, if only they'd do the damn things lefty..... you'd think there'd be a market for them, I can't be the only lefty wanting one. And it's not as if the market is flooded with Gretsch copies, especially for a lefty. None of the other copyists (e.g. Ibanez) seem to do theirs lefty either! :cry:

I just checked a random, usually cheap, website (Thomann), and I'd say the Gretsch are actually cheaper than Gibsons:

• Members
Vander.... gorgeous guitar.... I'd have me at least one of those already, if only they'd do the damn things lefty..... you'd think there'd be a market for them, I can't be the only lefty wanting one. And it's not as if the market is flooded with Gretsch copies, especially for a lefty. None of the other copyists (e.g. Ibanez) seem to do theirs lefty either!
:cry:

it's a great machine. it oozes attitude but you gotta want to be the center of attention 'cause that orange is downright obnoxious (in a kickass way) under the stage lights.

sucks about the left thing. not sure if i've ever seen a lefty gretsch. maybe i have but i know i've never seen a lefty electromatic.

• Members
it's a great machine. it oozes attitude but you gotta want to be the center of attention 'cause that orange is downright obnoxious (in a kickass way) under the stage lights.

sucks about the left thing. not sure if i've ever seen a lefty gretsch. maybe i have but i know i've never seen a lefty electromatic.

They're rare, but they do exist. They don't seem to have too big of an upcharge against the right hander either..... just seems they don't do lefties in the Electromatic range. Maybe one day I'll buy a used 6120, but they're so expensive, I don't know that I'd want to buy a guitar that I swould be afraid of taking anywhere, you know? eh, well. It's entirely possibly they have them in Japan and just don't export them - I know that a lot of the LE models fender have brought out of Japan officially in the last decade have been "no lefties" officially here in Europe (well, try all of them!), but when you find someone who exports privately from Japan, they're all there..... Guess if i ever make it to Tokyo and have a compliant airline..... ;)

I do love those big beasts.

• Members

Okay, 30,000. for the guitar and they are going to charge 393. for shipping?

Aside from how ridiculous that shipping amount is, you'd think for 30,000. they could at least throw in the shipping.

The shipping is actually about right given the cost of insurance (aprox. $1 per $100 of value). So the insurance would be about $300.

• Members

That's kinda ridiculous of Gretsch, but hey, Fender is calling the shots now. I mean Fender is the company that builds nice beautiful guitars and the "relics" them and charge more money for them.

Nothing against you guys who like the relics, its just more of the same gimmick in my mind.

• Members

They're out there. Leftyjay here is a Gretsch player - he has a White Falcon, White Penguin, 6120, and a couple of other Gretsch guitars in his arsenal.

I have 3 Gretsch's now (all righty though). Here's a couple of them in action:

Gig with my 5127
LB1Edited.jpg

Halloween gig with my 6120 DSW (my favorite)
100_0569ee.jpg

~Blackbelt

Archived