OT - eat this every day for health

LiveMusic

• Members

Originally posted by jonmatifa

and I'll put another down for water, if you already think you drink a lot of water, you should probably double that amount.

Check your urine. If it's clear, then you're drinking too much water. And yes, you can drink TOO much water.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by LiveMusic

devas8r, the garlic also can get in you and come out through your skin if you eat a lot of it.

That's the wonder of DMSO!!

Ever do the old MR Wizard of rubbing Garlic on your fingers and smelling it on breath?

• Members

Garlic is excellent for the immune system, eat lots of it and no one will ever come near you and so you'll never catch anything :D

If you want to get rid of the smell tho....

Originally posted by devast8r

Kind of off topic but whatever...

I cut up some garlic five days ago for some bruschetta I was cooking and my fingers STILL smell like garlic. My guitar neck smells like garlic. I can't get away from this wretched aura of garlic. I've done everything to try and get rid of the smell short of soaking my hands in bleach and/or sulfuric acid. Any tips?

Get a bar of stainless steel soap, that will get rid of any odor! I just googled that link, I don't know if that is a good price for it over there or not, I think ours only cost a couple of

• Members
Originally posted by Base
Garlic is excellent for the immune system, eat lots of it and no one will ever come near you and so you'll never catch anything :D

If you want to get rid of the smell tho....

Get a bar of stainless steel soap, that will get rid of any odor! I just googled that link, I don't know if that is a good price for it over there or not, I think ours only cost a couple of

• Members

Originally posted by Monkey Mouse

Hitting the gym to give your cardiovascular systems a good workout is probably better for you than just about any food.

I disagree. I think diet is more important, but the key for real results is to do both. I used to live in the gymn, pumping iron, and doing cardio, but I didn't care what I ate or drank. Sure I ended up with some big arms, but I also ended up with pale skin and a beer belly. It wasn't until I switched to the diet, not really a diet but the eating lifestyle that I employ today, that I really dropped the fat. Now I workout 5 days a week but only 30 min and that includes 15 min of Cardio. My chest and arms and bodyfat % are in the best shape they have ever been in. My new method is all about consistency, which is easier when you don't over do it. Many good daily food sources listed, I use alot of them myself, but one that hasn't been brought up is making sure you get alot of fiber for breakfast. Always eat breakfast, and make it your highest carb meal.

• Members
Originally posted by Jimbroni

I disagree. I think diet is more important, but the key for real results is to do both. I used to live in the gymn, pumping iron, and doing cardio, but I didn't care what I ate or drank. Sure I ended up with some big arms, but I also ended up with pale skin and a beer belly. It wasn't until I switched to the diet, not really a diet but the eating lifestyle that I employ today, that I really dropped the fat. Now I workout 5 days a week but only 30 min and that includes 15 min of Cardio. My chest and arms and bodyfat % are in the best shape they have ever been in. My new method is all about consistency, which is easier when you don't over do it. Many good daily food sources listed, I use alot of them myself, but one that hasn't been brought up is making sure you get alot of fiber for breakfast. Always eat breakfast, and make it your highest carb meal.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by object.session

can you explain that? what's farm salmon? (how can you tell if what you're buying in the store is?) and why is it bad?

thanks

Farm salmon are fish raised in captivity,big cages offshore made of synthetic nets,500,000-800,000 fish packed into the area of 4 football fields.That much fish poop in such a small area causes environmental concerns and is a good reason to avoid it alone.

Studies have found farmed salmon to have up to 16 times the level of PCBs found in wild salmon and recommend it be eaten at most once a month.

PCBs=bad

I'm lucky enough to have a source for wild Alaska halibut and salmon on the cheap so I don't buy it at the store but I think farm fish has to be labeled.

Maybe someone else can answer that one.

• Members

Originally posted by Jimbroni

I was no way inferring that the gym is a substitute for a proper diet, but as you mentioned, you need both to become closer to the ideal.

Then again, you can have a perfect workout without using a gym - all you need to do is pushups, pullups, run, ab exercises.... no equipment needed at all (besides running sneakers).

• Members

Then again, you can have a perfect workout without using a gym - all you need to do is pushups, pullups, run, ab exercises.... no equipment needed at all (besides running sneakers).

Agreed. The best thing I ever did for my workout plan was to stop focussing on weight lifting. Body weight exercises truly do work well, also include lunges and squats. Saves time, saves money, and keeps it simple, so its easy to stick with.

• Members
Originally posted by bongfodder

Farm salmon are fish raised in captivity,big cages offshore made of synthetic nets,500,000-800,000 fish packed into the area of 4 football fields.That much fish poop in such a small area causes environmental concerns and is a good reason to avoid it alone.

Studies have found farmed salmon to have up to 16 times the level of PCBs found in wild salmon and recommend it be eaten at most once a month.

oh, crap. (in more ways than one.) :( i eat salmon, like, 98 times a month. well, 3 maybe.

• Members

The higher up the foodchain the higher the mercury in fish. Don't eat a lot of swordfish, shark etc. That's not my recommendation, it's our health departments.

I eat everything I like, I just don't eat too much of it. I've watched the nutrition industry flip flop on practically every announcement they've made in the past 30 years except tobacco.

• Members

Lemon juice.

Good for pH balance, Vitamin C, and helps get rid of GAHLIC odor on your hands. Of course, if you have vampires in your area, you might want to rethink the garlic issue. As Johnny Cochran might have said, "If you don't invite, they won't bite."

Minute Maid makes a frozen pure lemon juice that comes in a squirt bottle. Great stuff.

• Members

Mediterranean food...not too difficult in Italy.
I avoid sugar, but I don't replace it with disgusting substitutes, I learned to appreciate coffee and tea without any sugar.

Originally posted by devast8r

Kind of off topic but whatever...

I can't get away from this wretched aura of garlic. I've done everything to try and get rid of the smell short of soaking my hands in bleach and/or sulfuric acid. Any tips?

Wash your hands with coffee powder, better if dark roasted.

• Members

Spirulina, wheat grass, barley grass
Tomatoes
Fish oil

I'ts also important to monitor your health to see if some foods benefit you more than others, and look for signs of food allergies, like persistent mild congestion, etc., and try to correlate it to foods you eat.

• Members

The food industry 'flop flops' all the time, because all the advice comes from "nutritionists" who are employed to boost sales of their employers products. Even McDonalds employ nutritionists to say what they want them to say.

We are 85% water - many people go through their (short) life dehydrated. Quality of water is essential, and probably only distilled water is really safe - and not all 'water distillers' are safe, because of flawed design that allows breeding of bacteria. Many, many ailments are caused by dehydration, and doctors tend to prescribe drugs and inhalers before adressing this very simple problem. Water means water - not tea, coffee, juce and certainly not alcohol or soft drinks.

White flour is the big killer - followed by white suger. And remember that all brown sugars are made from white sugar - just a few carcinogens added for coloring.

Most supermarket foods will kill you. They are designed to resisting persishing - to maximise profits. Bugs aren't stupid enought to eat this {censored} - why should we? Be very afraid of any food that doesn't perish quickly.

You need fibre - lots of it - so your guts aren't full of festering food that gives you acid and cancer. You need plant fibre.

Cooking destroys most nutrients and creates indigestible sludges that slowly rot in your guts.

There are many nutrients that humans need, but are very difficult to obtain.

The dairy industry is probably more guilty than the tobacco industry for damaging our health. Milk is good when we are babies. Uncooked human milk that is. Whoever thought that cows milk was suitable for humans? And whoever thought that cooking it (pastuerising) was good for us? Good for profits, yes. Good excuse for poor house keeping, yes. Avoiding liability? Yes.

Our bodies require calcium and magnesium in balance for strong bones. Cooked cows milk has 8 times more calcium than magnesium - it is way over balanced. This is why western nations suffer osteoporosis. They drink too much cooked cows milk! And the sad thing is, they are encouraged to drink even more to avoid this problem it causes. Our bodies calcify in arteries and muscles.

You need magnesium to balance this mess. The whole grains that have magnesium are stripped of this nutrient for us. How convenient.

We need Omega 3 - and this only occurs in fish or algae/spirulina. Vegetable sources such as flax seed don't really supply this - only the pre-cursor materials, but the industry seems to accept the lies. Eggs don't have much omega 3, but they feed the hens some flax seed (which basically goes straight through) in order to improve the marketing oppotunies.

You need fish, for omega 3. Large fish, which eat other fish, have too much mercury. Small fish which feed on algae have plenty. Sardines good.

Farm fish - quite apart from he concentrated poo - are feed on wheat and other cheap stuff. They don't have much omega 3 at all.

Most artifical vitamins are basically drugs, and the body treats them as toxins.

Nuts, seeds, beans - especially when sprouted, and very good sources of the essentials for life. Fruit and veges are good - exept genetically modified, irradiated with nukey poo or immersed in toxins because the farmer is too lazy to weed.

Basically, our food chain is totally screwed. The food industry is hellbend on killing us, and we need to use what is left of our brains to fight for the right to survive.

This generation will probably be the first to die before their parents - due to the crap we now accept as 'food'.

• Members

I've started taking magnesium supplements a few months ago after hearing from people in this board. I checked other sources too, and it sounded like a good idea.

Kiwiburger, I can tell this is a subject you are very passionate about. What do you eat in a typical day? The more specific you can be, the better.

Archived