Brand new, never sold 1965 SG Jr. on Ebay!

Hoddy

• Members

Comparing a 60's Gibson Jr to a modern Epiphone is a lot like comparing a

60's Mustang to a 70's Pinto. A 70's Pinto had better brakes, better suspension and steering, handled better, made more horsepower (then the inline 6'ers) and stopped faster. But it's still a Pinto.

• Members

how do we know that this guys guitars are real, like the strat for example. It looks too new...how could it be sitting away for 44 years and not have a single mark on it or show any signs of age...even if it was not played and locked in a closet in its case for that amount of time, it still shouldn't look like a 2007 '62 reissue strat from MF...if its a fake, i feel bad for the guy about to get it for something like $45-50k

• Members

is a lot like comparing a

60's Mustang to a 70's Pinto. A 70's Pinto had ....made more horsepower (then the inline 6'ers)

Nope. The 2.0 or 2.3 never made more power than the 170 or the 200.

Early Jr's and MMs PUNK new Epis.

Go play one, then think those things. Your hands will kill you in your sleep. You have been warned. :)

• Members

Nope. The 2.0 or 2.3 never made more power than the 170 or the 200.

Early Jr's and MMs PUNK new Epis.

Go play one, then think those things. Your hands will kill you in your sleep. You have been warned.
:)

I wasn't saying I'd rather have the Pinto! :) I've played a number of 60's Gibsons from the Melody Makers to the Customs and Standards. I'd take a beat up old Melody Maker over a new Epi anyday. Not to say that Epi's aren't nice, but they don't have that special something (call it Mojo, or whatever) that the old Gibsons had.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have no idea why, and I can't put my finger on it, but something's up with that Strat...or that auction...or both.

Only 13 feedbacks, and he's selling a guitar for a "Buy It Now" price of $65,000?

Waaaaaaaaay too risky, folks. This is the kind of guitar that you would need to hire a professional appraiser to look at, and FLY to the location yourself to inspect it before you even considered buying it.

Sorry, but this is a gut reaction...it could be legit, but something tells me something's amiss with both of these. Both are too perfect...

• Members

You can get a '67 like this for a little over $1000.

My dad got me this for Christmas a couple years ago for $1100.

sgblk.jpg

I will give you $1200 for it right now.... Seriously! I will Paypal you and eat the fees!

• Members

I had a 66 and it was an awsome guitar. I bought it in 1972 from a close friends brother. It had tone to kill for. i had it in California when I was in the service and left it for a friend to send to my home when i got shipped to the nam. Never saw him or the guitar again... Stupid of me but under the circumstances then, I really didn't have a choice. I wonder what ever happened to it... :o

• Members

I don't get it. It was a beginner guitar when it was released. If you ask me, the quality on it looks like an Epiphone. Unbound neck, thick finish, and average wood grain. Sure, it says "Gibson" on the headstock and is vintage, but it still doesn't take away the fact that it's a beginner guitar.

It's all about collectability and not function.

• Members

Route that {censored}er out and put a GFS Crusader in that bitch.

That is frickin signature material. I actually did laugh out loud.

Oh and that is a kickass looking guitar even though it isn't my speed. It isn't about fit and finish, it is about a piece of history that was in a time capsule.

• Members

I have no idea why, and I can't put my finger on it, but something's up with that Strat...or that auction...or both.

Only 13 feedbacks, and he's selling a guitar for a "Buy It Now" price of $65,000?

Waaaaaaaaay too risky, folks. This is the kind of guitar that you would need to hire a professional appraiser to look at, and FLY to the location yourself to inspect it before you even considered buying it.

Sorry, but this is a gut reaction...it could be legit, but something tells me something's amiss with both of these. Both are too perfect...

I have to agree with mojo over here. Seems very risky. If i did win, i would fly and buy. Even if the guitar was legit, imagine UPS with that thing.

Archived