Best Aerosmith cd is....

surfcat

• Members

Rocks

Toys In the Attic

Live Bootleg

Gotta giv'em credit for putting stuff out from the 70's to today. Most bands don't have enough decent material to argue over.

These are my 3 favorite too. Live Bootleg was one of the first albums I bought (vinyl). I need to get it on cd. Loved the 70s Aerosmith.

• Members

GET YOUR WINGS!!!!! for "seasons of wither" alone.

something about that record.

it's like GET YOUR WINGS is like KISS' HOTTER THAN HELL..........an under-heralded sophmore effort with classics to stand up to anything on more appreciated albums......."seasons....,"pandora's box", "same ole song and dance", etc.....

I also agree whole-heartedly that "Night in the Ruts" is under-rated and also superior to "Draw the Line"...... compare the classic songs on each.

Rocks is always the most "indicative" album of Aerosmith.

Toys is the break-through, "featuring 'dream on' " is the ethereal template.

• Members

I just did, old timer! "featuring dream on" is the first one.

i like it beause it recalls the title of the first Beatles record.

"Love Me Do with twelve other songs"

i'm 38, i'll be dead soon enough too, don't worry you aren't alone.

• Members

I would say every album including Night in the Ruts were and still remain the best Aerosmith albums. One of my favorite tracks was think "Think about it",. Man that lonely sounding intro. And the lead just rips your head off. I was always curious what type of pedals he used to get that swirling effect on that lead. Other than N.I.T.R, I have to say Rocks just barnstormed. I know this may sound a little strange, but I preffered Aerosmith when they were disfunctional. Great music comes from adversity. Now they seem to almost be a parody of themselves. I can't help it but when I listen to more recent Aerosmith albums it is almost like I can visualize the band chanting, Please be a movie soundtrack...please be a movie soundtrack..please be a, well you get the picture. Seems like that big payday from Sony really destroyed what I believe was one of America's premier rock and roll bands.

Remember live bootleg? Man there was some stuff that was recorded on there that was so pure. There were a couple of songs recorded in a club. I ain't got you, and an old James Brown song. Holy cow that stuff was smokin'. I have to say that I still play Ain't got you to this day! Aerosmith back in the day....couldn't be touched. Aerosmith now... looking for that next ballad to make a movie soundtrack and to swoon $15.00 from some 14 year old girls pocketbook. Sad, but I still have high hopes that they still have at least one great album up they're sleeve. I still love the band, but they lost they're way. Honkin was still pretty good though.:thu:

• Members

I would say every album including Night in the Ruts were and still remain the best Aerosmith albums. One of my favorite tracks was think "Think about it",. Man that lonely sounding intro. And the lead just rips your head off. I was always curious what type of pedals he used to get that swirling effect on that lead.

thats a yardbirds cover but i agree they did a excellent cover of it. its a great song. i agree about the lead tone. their is definatly some studio delay/echo on it which the effect level was bumped up at just the right moments. there is a video from 1990 of aerosmith and jimmy page rehearsing together and they play/jam through songs including 'think about it' among other songs including i aint got you, train kept rollin, the immigrant song...check it out if you haven't.

• Members

hard to say the best i dig most of the 70's albums alot and also like many of their newer stuff a bit too. honkin on bobo is ok, i actually enjoyed the you gotta move dvd/cd set which has the rehearsals and outakes from the recording of that album and live performances.

Archived