Frets99 would be proud...

fanuvbrak

• Members

I just bought a guitar for $60 (plus shipping, $15.00).

Peavey T-15.

Someone switched the bridge (no big deal)

Someone put "JESUS" in electrical tape on the front.

Someone took the "JESUS" off, but you can still see it.

I've played these before and those super ferrite picks are the hottest single coil I've ever played. I do not expect to get any sweet cleans from it, but it'll be great for loud rock and roll...

jt6.jpg

JESUS:

jt1.jpg

Mojo/Neglect:

jt2.jpg

Mismatched Bridge:

jt4.jpg

I was thinking of using it as a project guitar, but the more I play it, the more I think I'll just leave it alone and keep as a beater.

• Members

That's a great deal-I love those early Peaveys!

And that ghost 'Jesus' thing could bring big bucks on Ebay, dude. Remember the grilled cheese sandwich? "Guitar with Ghostly Jesus" could be a big hit, my friend.
:D

Lary

I'm thinking of doing a wood-burn Oprah on the back...how would the one-two punch of Oprah AND Jesus fetch?

• Members

Looks great Steve, and it's sure a bargain. My Ric has some ghost images from stick-on letters too. Mine says:

RIP

TJW

I'm pretty sure TJW was a girl in an early local punk band.

How do those Super Ferrites sound? People compare them to P-90's and I'm wondering if that's at all accurate. Is one pup RW/RP?

• Members

How do those Super Ferrites sound? People compare them to P-90's and I'm wondering if that's at all accurate. Is one pup RW/RP?

Brian Henneman (on the T60 site) said that it sounds like the perfect cross between a Telecaster and a LP Jr with P-90's.

I would agree with that.

Archived