Who's waiting on a Reverend?

scolfax

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time for a lefty model of any type from Reverend.

Damn those anti-sinistral people!
:mad:
J.

They keep saying they are going to start making them. In fact, the lefties, after several previous delays were supposed to start coming out this July. Once again though they are delayed, this time til January I believe. I have no faith whatsoever that they will actually make lefties. I'd have more respect for them if they just came out and said they aren't going to make them. Instead they just keep jerking us around.

So yes, you'll be waiting a long time...:blah:

• Members
I get a little disoriented every time I see one of those Roundhouses...my mind just wants the top to be curved like a Les Paul. It's almost like I'm looking at a cardboard cutout of a Les Paul.
:freak:

That makes sense if you are expecting to see another LP clone. I think of the Roundhouse as Reverend's take on the LP style, with attempts to address some small issues with the original design (yes, I understand *many* believe the original design is prefect!), such as the weight, thickness, pickup selector location, non-raised pickguard, & bass-contour. The flat-top seems to go with the overall design aesthetic of all Reverend's, and no doubt keeps the price in line as well.

Having said that, I haven't actually played one, and I'm still waiting for my Roundhouse HB to ship!

• Members
Never played one but the ones I've seen look pretty stupid. I'd be embarrassed to own one

See, I always have a problem with people who start bashing something by saying "never played on". See, right there, you already invalidate whatever the hell it is you plan on saying next :)

• Members
I'm building up serious GAS for one of these:

daredevil_290_malp_lg.jpg

And my GF wants one of these (although I won't say she has gas
:)
)

warhawk_2_hb_mblu_lg.jpg

Thank you for the 'no gas' comment Boo. :D:o I didn't think I had a problem with that either.

and OMG I WANT that blue one... **drool**

• Members

I really, really am into the Buckshot:

buckshot_cream.jpg

I went to the NYC dealer last week, but they are new and haven't gotten them in stock yet. I wish I had been into buying these guiitars years ago, but the Buckshot seems like it'll be perfect. Especially after I add my Epiphone EZ-Bender to the tailpiece.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I ordered a club king 290 in black this past week, they are saying delivery at the end of july. I ordered it through the local dealer, as they said they wouldn't ship into nyc, so as not to have a problem with their new dealer here. Ordering direct would have given me a 14 day approval, where as guitarman (the new local dealers) says: you ordered it, you bought it. I spoke to the nice folks at reverend and they said not to worry, we'll make it work for you, but we can't offer you the 14 day. Then he dropped the bomb. In a few weeks, Reverend will stop selling direct. This was their head of marketing telling me this, so I guess it must be true.

OTOH, most dealers are willing to ship to wherever. I had a line on another club king, gold, that a guy from maryland woulda shipped me next day. But I wanted the black, and like the feeling of anticipation which prolongs the pleasure of getting a new guitar.

I think if you want it right away, the best way to go is to look a the dealer network and see what they have in stock. Also, look at the reverend site with their reduced price/in stock stuff.

Also, ebay has a few. Not that I've been looking or anything.

I'm getting this bad boy. How freakin cool is that?

Eric

club_king_290_blk_big.jpg

Archived