Who's waiting on a Reverend?

scolfax

• Members

I ordered a club king 290 in black this past week, they are saying delivery at the end of july. I ordered it through the local dealer, as they said they wouldn't ship into nyc, so as not to have a problem with their new dealer here. Ordering direct would have given me a 14 day approval, where as guitarman (the new local dealers) says: you ordered it, you bought it. I spoke to the nice folks at reverend and they said not to worry, we'll make it work for you, but we can't offer you the 14 day. Then he dropped the bomb. In a few weeks, Reverend will stop selling direct. This was their head of marketing telling me this, so I guess it must be true.

OTOH, most dealers are willing to ship to wherever. I had a line on another club king, gold, that a guy from maryland woulda shipped me next day. But I wanted the black, and like the feeling of anticipation which prolongs the pleasure of getting a new guitar.

I think if you want it right away, the best way to go is to look a the dealer network and see what they have in stock. Also, look at the reverend site with their reduced price/in stock stuff.

Also, ebay has a few. Not that I've been looking or anything.

I'm getting this bad boy. How freakin cool is that?

Eric

club_king_290_blk_big.jpg

How many weeks? I don't have any Reverend dealers remotely close.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I won a Reverend Warhawk HB on ebay this week, so it should be coming in soon.

I payed $400. Hope I didn't pay to much.. I will put photo's up once it comes in.

Must have been the cream one I'd been watching. Very pretty guitar. I decided not to bid, as I already have too many damn guitars. :lol:

I will say, I do love my GF's Warhawk II HB. It's an awesome player. Lots of neat vintage type sounds, too.

Congrats, and post some pics when you get it.

• Members

Must have been the cream one I'd been watching. Very pretty guitar. I decided not to bid, as I already have too many damn guitars.
:lol:
I will say, I do love my GF's Warhawk II HB. It's an awesome player. Lots of neat vintage type sounds, too.

Congrats, and post some pics when you get it.

You and BlackHatHunter are correct.

Was $400 a little too much? Just about all my guitars are MIA, so $400 for a non-USA made guitar scares me a little. I do love the way they look (Rev's in general) and decided to take a swing at it.

I will post pic's when it gets in.

• Members

You and BlackHatHunter are correct.

Was $400 a little too much? Just about all my guitars are MIA, so $400 for a non-USA made guitar scares me a little. I do love the way they look (Rev's in general) and decided to take a swing at it.

I will post pic's when it gets in.

Only you can say if you think you paid too much.

But considering that you'd pay $600 (plus tax) for a new Warhawk HB and hard case, I think you got a good deal.

Excellent (playing and sounding) guitars for the money.

Oh, and really nice cover of Purple Haze.

What did you use for the backing track?

• Members

Are nyou actually prepaying for these guitars and they still make you pay for a case?

If you order direct, they do. But it sounds like they're getting ready to quit selling direct and only sell through dealers.

I bought my GF's Warhawk off the floor at a dealer in Tampa, Fl. Without a case.

• Members

Was it that green Warhawk, brand new from a dealer? If so I think $400 was a great deal.

Edit: Never mind, I thought it was
one.

Edit: Sent off an email to Ken Haas to verify the "no more direct" rumor

That green one is nice as well.

Here is the one I won....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220123363162&rd=1&rd=1

• Members

Was it that green Warhawk, brand new from a dealer? If so I think $400 was a great deal.

Edit: Never mind, I thought it was
one.

Edit: Sent off an email to Ken Haas to verify the "no more direct" rumor

It's not a rumor anymore. I asked Joe, and this is what he had to say:

Looks like the cat's out of the bag!

It is true. The last day to buy direct from Reverend will be Friday, July 20.

After that date, it will be from dealers only. But dealers will be allowed to ship out of their territory.

• Members

I hear what you're saying - good for them. But now I can envision a future where you can order a Rev from Musician's Friend that arrives as poorly setup as all of their other Korean guitars - straight from the factory with no inspection at all. If I wanted the same old stuff I wouldn't have waited two months for my Rev.

• Members

that's the next step for Rev, and I am happy for them
:)

I don't think Reverend was ever going to move up to the next level of success while relying on direct orders only. The fact that they've managed to build enough of a base to support dealers again is good news...I hope they keep on trucking!

• Members

Anyone on the hedge about pulling the trigger on a Reverend, needs to just jump. :D I am absolutely in love with my metallic blue WarhawkII HB. I'm fairly new to the guitar and this one is sooo easy to play. Not to mention it's beautiful to look at. :)

Archived