Strat and Tele Players: Post which strings you use

ninjaaron

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 to the DR Pure Blues. Great tone. I use 10's. Whoever said they had QC issues needs to put down the pipe.

I said it. I DID put down the pipe. ;) I ordered a ton of DR strings based upon people like you giving amazing testimonials. Every other pack has a bad string. They are absolutely the worst quality strings I have ever experienced. I hate them.

But, to be fair, perhaps it's just the DR Tite Fit that are crap. Maybe, I deserve it for buying cheap strings. ;) Or, I could have gotten a defective batch. But, I don't trust the brand now...oh well.

They're just strings guys. Let's get into it about picks next! :mad:

:D

:wave:

• Members

i cant believe everyone likes d'addarios, ive hated those strings with a passion ever since i realized different strings made a difference. those things wont stay in tune on any of my guitars and they go dead so fast. there must be a climate difference or something. coulkd everyone post where they live in addition to see if it really makes a difference? i live in minnesota

I'm in Perth Western Australia, probably a nice opposite of Minnesotan weather.

Sometimes they take a bit of time to settle into tune, but I stretch them, retune etc a number of times anyway. Figured that's the same with all strings.

- Ged

Archived