The Best guitar an Amp convination

moguelator

• Members

Gibson Les Paul Classic (I love the 60s neck and 500T/496R are my pups of choice) and I already have the amp, an Orange Rockverb 50 2x12 combo. It is pure sweetness!

My Epi LP Custom is at pretty much the same specs as an LP Classic, so I am close!

orange-amp2.jpg

• Members

If you mean equipment allready owned... then I'll go with this right here:

DSC02490.jpg

The Marshall DSL 100 has almost excactly the tone I'm going for. Only a Splawn Quickrod or 5150 III would probably be EXACTLY what I'm wanting.

And this Epi Les Paul I bought off _Pete_ plays, sounds, and feels like a $2000 guitar!! :thu:

• Members

Personally I think a Fender can do distortion better than a Marshall can do cleans so I would lean towards something like a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Probably the most versatile guitar would be a strat type guitar with a humbucker that the bridge.

So that's my vote.

• Members

I've got an assortment of amps and guitars, Fenders, Gibsons, Peaveys, tubes and SS, and one of the best combos is an SG paired up with a Fender Stage 100, drive (not more drive) and eq on the amp all the way up. The humbuckers mellow it out and the solid state gives it crispness. Perfect for all out rock.

Archived