You gotta luv this, an acoustic "V" for $200!

GAS Man

• Members

399227.jpg

487282.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-V-Coustic-Thin-Body-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512910

My second thought is "how will it sound?"

But it took a while to just get past the novelty value of this guitar for $200. :D:D

My appetite is bigger than my wallet or house though, so I'll scratch my head about this one, but dang, I think it's cute.

The reviews are certainly mixed.

• Members
Whoever designed that hasn't the first clue about how an acoustic guitar makes a sound...or doesn't give a {censored} and just wants to look weird.

Flying V's are too hardcore to follow the laws of physics :mad: RAWKKKK :rawk:

• Members

Whoever designed that hasn't the first clue about how an acoustic guitar makes a sound...or doesn't give a {censored} and just wants to look weird.

Since it's an A/E, could it be that it's intended to be used plugged in via the piezo? Does body shape necessarily affect that? :idk:

• Members

But...but...it's made with the same top quality tonewoods found in traditional acoustic guitars. :freak::D

• Members

You have to be able to sit and play an acoustic guitar anytime, anyplace. I doubt you can play that one comfortably without strapping it on. I'm thinking Aslan the guitar kitten is blowing chunks in her litterbox on this one.
:p

~Blackbelt

I'm more comfortable playing my V than I am my regular acoustic guitar.

Except sitting in the floor.. I can't play the V while sitting in the floor. :0

• Members

I'm more comfortable playing my V than I am my regular acoustic guitar.

Except sitting in the floor.. I can't play the V while sitting in the floor.
:0

yeah, i dont really like people who are guitarists, and play different guitars, but dont have a clue as to what 'classical position' is.

and then they compalin about how strats are well balanced, and les pauls keep sliding off your leg....

i think that that guitar looks kinda cool. though, the fret board should have been slightly longer to balance out the headstock.

shredding at a camp/bon fire with taht guy..now thats fun!

• Members

Yeah..basically when I play my V I'm in a somewhat modified classical position. I use the back of my leg to hold the guitar, but otherwise it's classical position.

i actually have my left foot sitting on my right foots ankel. so its a modified classical. but either way, it works...

• Members

yeah, i dont really like people who are guitarists, and play different guitars, but dont have a clue as to what 'classical position' is.

I guess that's because some of us don't play classical music. :idea:

Personally, I prefer the 'rock' position. :lol:

~Blackbelt

Archived