75% of all guitarists...

FFStratophile

• Members

Well I'm one of the other 25%.

I always liked Strats with single-coils. I have modded many American Standard and American Serie's Strats. I just never cared for their pick-ups. But they were just replaced with better single-coils.

I did for a brief period in the late 90's play/gig with Lonestar Strats. But I really prefer the bridge with a SC. Wasn't long before I switched back to original looking Strats with 3-SC's.

• Members

Also I never thought a Strat was the way to go for a Dual Humbucker equipped electric. In my opinion anyway.

I did see a very nice Custom Shop Dual Humbucker Strat[seymour Duncan loaded]. The guitar had some serious appointments with a highly figured maple neck..also with a nice Tint to it. The body was Flamed Maple with a Mahogany back. Done in heritage Cherry Sunburst and it was pretty.

The guitar is STILL hanging on the wall at GC by me with a 2G price tag.

• Members

Whats wrong with people that put humbuckers in a Strat or Tele?? Not a damn thing!!It's all about personal preferance.
:rawk::o
Remember when it comes to a guitars configuration its the players opinion that matters not the rest of the world.
:thu::):freak:
:phil:
:deadhorse:

exactly! :thu:

• Members

Hmm, I've never put a humbucker in a Strat or a Tele.

I don't see anything wrong with having additional Strat or Tele variants, whether they come that way stock or are modded, so long as one also owns one of the "proper" single coil versions of the those.

I've never had a Strat with a bucker, all the Strats I've owned over the years had 3 singles. Though I do have a couple Teles with neckbuckers (both of which came to me like that, one factory stock and one a DIY Frankentele), in addition to those two Teles I have a stock '52 AVRI.

• Members

I don't see anything wrong with having additional Strat or Tele variants, whether they come that way stock or are modded,
so long as
one also owns one of the "proper" single coil versions of the those.

To be honest, I would never buy an SSS strat.... I really dislike that spikey tone of a bridge single coil. On any strat, I usually only toggle between the neck, position 4, and middle pup. However, at least with a bridge humbucker I can put to use should I want to play something with a bit of dirt, otherwise it gets no use either.

• Members

There's nothing sacred about ANY guitar pickup and body style combination. First and foremost guitars are tools, so if you find a combination that works for you, that trumps any ridiculous notions of what "should" be in a guitar with a particular body style or setup.

If it's sacrilege to put a humbucker in a Tele, then why isn't is sacrilege to put any pickup in a Tele that doesn't sound exactly like the pickups in an original '52 Tele? Why can you make changes in the tonal characteristics and output of a single coil pickup and that's OK, but you somehow cross some imaginary line when you add another coil?

Lame.

Here's my '77 Tele so all you purists can cringe at the mini-humbucker in the neck.

77Tele32.jpg

I think some of you people take guitars too seriously.

Archived